Assistant Manager(03810) - 3311 SE Federal Hwy
You were born to be the boss. We know. You get up in the morning and you make sure everyone else in the house is doing what they need to do. Then you go to work and you make sure that everyone there is doing what they need to do, even your boss. You just do that because you've always done it. Well maybe it's time you moved up. You want to be the boss? Well now's your chance - Domino's Pizza is hiring bosses - more specifically assistant managers. It's a tough job, one that needs a natural like you. Of course, you'll need some skills - judgment, math and the ability to multitask.
You'll be working for a company that's fun and flexible. Not to mention, it's work experience you're going to use for a long time to come. You've had our pizza delivered to you, now help us be the best in pizza delivery. Go on, boss, show us what you've got. Apply now!
You are responsible for everything that happens during your shift. This includes all cost controls, inventory control, cash control and Customer relations. You must set the example. You must follow ALL policy and procedures 100% of the time and expect the same from your crew.
In addition: Staffing, Paperwork, Cost Controls, Cash control, Food management, Work to a Schedule, Perfect Image and adherence to standards, Great Customer Service, Attendance & punctuality, Transportation to/from work, Store cleanliness, Marketing, Profitability.
What are we looking for? The good news is we can teach you how to answer the phone and make a perfect pizza. But here are a few skills you should have to be a successful Assistant Manager: •Experience leading a team; during your shift, you will manage a staff of anywhere from 3 to 25 people. You will need to use your stellar attitude and motivational skills to get them in the right place, at the right time and doing the right thing all while creating a great place to work. • You will also need access to reliable vehicle that is insured and have have a valid driver's license •A great role model - you're the person everyone will look to. From being on time for your shift, to having a great attitude to customers and co-workers and even how you dress - you have to have high standards for yourself and the rest of the team. While your schedule is pretty flexible, you have to be willing to work when the team needs you the most. •You have to be at least 18 years old. You'll be working for a company that is fun and flexible while gaining valuable work experience.
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks.
- In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas.
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside.
- Fumes from food odors.
- Exposure to cornmeal dust.
- Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler.
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher.
- Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts.
- Talking and hearing on telephone.
- Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks.
- Depth perception.
- Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces.
The ability to direct activities, perform repetitive tasks, work alone and with others, work under stress, meet strict quality control standards, deal with people, analyze and compile data, make judgments and decisions.
Physical Requirements; including, but not limited to the following:
- Most tasks are performed from a standing position.
- For short distances for short durations.
- Surfaces include ceramic tile "bricks" with linoleum in some food process areas. Height of work surfaces is between 36" and 48".
- Paperwork is normally completed in an office at a desk or table.
- Drivers sit in their vehicles while conducting deliveries
- Deliveries may include cases of ingredients and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds with dimensions of up to 3' x 1.5'.
- Cases are usually lifted from floor and stacked onto shelves up to 72" high.
- Occasionally, pizza sauce weighing 30 pounds is carried from the storage room to the front of the store.
- Trays of pizza dough are carried two at a time over short distances, and weigh approximately 12 pounds per tray.
- To move trays which are placed on dollies. A stack of trays on a dolly is approximately 24"- 30" and requires a force of up to 7.5 pounds to push.
- Trays may also be pulled.
- Team members must infrequently navigate stairs or climb a ladder to clean ceiling tiles, wash walls, and occasionally perform maintenance if needed.
- Forward bending at the waist is necessary at the pizza assembly station.
- Toe room is present, but workers are unable to flex their knees while standing at this station.
- Duration of this position is approximately 30 - 45 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day.
- Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients.
- Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas.
- Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward.
- Workers reach above 72" occasionally to turn on/off oven controls, change prices on sign, and lift and lower objects to and from shelves.
- Workers reaching down to perform such tasks as scooping cornmeal from a plastic barrel, or washing dishes.
- Workers reach forward when obtaining topping ingredients, cleaning work surfaces, or answering phones.
- Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day.
- Frequently activities require use of one or both hands.
- Shaping pizza dough requires frequent use of forearms and wrists.
- Workers must manipulate a pizza peel when removing pizza from the oven, and when using a pizza cutter.
- Frequent and/or forceful pinching is required in the assembly of cardboard pizza boxes.
- Team Members must be able to grasp cans, the phone, the pizza cutter and pizza peel, and pizza boxes.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Work Aids
- Team Members may be required to utilize pencils/pens, computers, telephones, calculators, hair nets, aprons, gloves, pizza cutter and pizza peel.
Many team members began their careers as delivery drivers and today are successful Domino's franchise owners. All positions from customer service representative to management, General Manager to Supervisor or Franchisee, Dominos offers a world of opportunity.
Our mission is to recognize, appreciate, value and utilize the unique talents and contributions of all individuals. To create an environment where all team members have the ability reach their highest potential.
We take pride in our team members and our team members take pride in Domino's Pizza! Being the best pizza delivery company in the world requires exceptional team members working together. At Domino's Pizza, our people come first!
This job posting is for a position in a store owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Domino’s Pizza LLC, Domino’s Pizza Franchising LLC, or Domino’s Pizza, Inc. (“Domino’s Corporate”). This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is alone responsible for and will independently make all decisions concerning employment matters for the store, including those relating to hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, compensation and benefits, staffing, and scheduling. Domino’s will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will not have any control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired. Further, Domino’s does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee will be your only employer, and you will not be an employee of Domino’s.