Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
The Maintenance Technician position requires one to have the technical skills to design, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair and install Bakery equipment. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and Computer Controls are skills needed to perform this function. This team member performs the maintenance of a distribution manufacturing facility including: preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation of machinery relating to bakery food processing equipment, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems. In addition, they must possess an awareness and understanding of how to work safely on mechanical and electrical equipment in a production environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair and install machinery and equipment
- Monitor equipment to detect malfunctions
- Discuss machine operation variations with supervisor or other team members to diagnose problems and repair machines
- Install, repair or replace electrical devices such as transformers, relays, circuit breakers, starters, and safety and limit switches
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Install, program and troubleshoot automated machinery and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Install, troubleshoot and repair refrigeration and Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Service and repair material handling equipment
- Monitor main electrical panel and troubleshoot as necessary
- Repair and maintain boilers, water heaters, water conditioning equipment, and all water distribution systems
- Follow established preventative maintenance guidelines
- Coordinate with other departments to schedule maintenance for machines
- Perform all necessary maintenance and update logs as necessary
- Report major problems to supervisor
- Maintain building through painting, repairing minor structural problems, and other repairs as necessary
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- General maintenance repairs of office and building
- Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop action plan to resolve concern; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Monitor machines to ensure all levels are within EPA, OSHA, and other government guidelines; develop action plan to resolve issue if not; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
(10%) Miscellaneous duties
- Assist in the control and scheduling of projects
- Monitor inventory and order parts as necessary
- Monitor energy usage and provide recommendations on better usage
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 3 to 4 years related experience, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade
- Basic level computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams
- Effective presentation skills to provide information to peers, upper management and team members in oral and written form
- Ability to define problems and draw conclusions
- Ability to interpret technical instructions and diagrams
- EPA REFRIGERATION CERTIFICATION helpful.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.