MAKE GREAT PIZZA — AND MORE — POSSIBLE
Be a part of the world's #1 Pizza company and watch your career grow!
Manage the delivery and service department, usually less than 40 drivers. Formulate and administer policies, programs, and procedures for the delivery and service department, including schedules, rates, routes, and assignment of drivers and vehicles. Build and maintain positive customer relationships, managing all customer service complaints and concerns effectively. Manage/comply with federal, state, company policies, local laws, transportation programs and regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Manage the Delivery & Service Department
Lead the Team:
- Build a solid D&S team by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining quality team members
- Ensure all team members have the necessary tools to complete their jobs
- Conduct training, coaching, and feedback sessions, complete performance appraisals, and make recommendations for pay increases
- Effectively resolve employee relations issues
- Be available to provide support to team members
- Develop plans, policies, and procedures for the D&S department
- Attend and participate in annual Leadership & Development training sessions
- Conduct safety/team/quarterly meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager and/or Director
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals on your drivers and staff.
- Prepare annual D&S department budget for Director-Supply Chain Center review and approval
- Review and approve D&S department payroll
- Review cost statements to identify excessive expenses and make recommendations for cost containment
- Audit and approve invoices from the leasing company
- Manage overall performance of truck leasing company to ensure PM’s are met to Domino’s standard and repairs are completed timely
- Generate all D&S-related reports, including backhauls and the weekly key indicator summary
- Conduct monthly WEX audits to ensure fuel compliance
Routing, Scheduling and DOT Compliance:
- Plan, review, and revise driver schedules to ensure increased efficiency and lower costs
- Conduct continuous analysis of vehicle and driver assignments and analyze scheduling for possible consolidation
- Continuously analyze proposed schedules and rates, initiate preparation and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes, and submit analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to the WRC Transportation team
- Conduct route analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Conduct route observations to ensure Drivers are performing as required
- Monitor misdeliveries and develop avoidance strategies
- Monitor driver hours of service via onboard computerized system (PeopleNet)
- Monitor Drive camera videos for SCC compliance (Lytx)
- Review driver logs and paperwork
- Oversee maintenance of driver qualification file
- Conduct daily dynamic routing
- Oversee and be prepared for operational and transportation audits throughout the year
- Conduct route observations to ensure Drivers are safely performing their duties as required by company and DOT standards (The number of observations per period is determined by the number of drivers at the SCC)
- Oversee fleet image
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships with franchisees, store managers and crew, leasing company, etc. Guide D&S team members on customer relations issues and act as a role model for building. Maintaining positive relationships.
- Provide timely responses to Slice of Pie complaints
- May participate on the Transportation Advisory Board
- Visit new store builds to determine delivery accessibility, and report findings to Director
- As needed, if qualified, drive the company commercial vehicle or straight truck for deliveries or to leasing company for service/maintenance.
- A 2-year degree or some college, plus equivalent work experience, may be accepted. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of Transportation experience with a proven track record in logistics
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience with proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Thorough working knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and compliance regulations
- Results-oriented with strong organizational, decision making and people skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Willingness to support a 24-hour operation, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must successfully pass a background check every third year on your anniversary date
- A Commercial Driver’s License Class A would be a plus.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Positive work environment
Benefits on first day of employment!
401k matching contributions
15% off the purchase price of stock
ONE BRAND. ONE SYSTEM. ONE TEAM.
Exceptional franchisees and team members on a mission to be the best pizza delivery company in the World!