Assistant Manager(06935) - 3733 N.Josey Lane
Job DetailsABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for leaders! More specifically assistant managers. It's a tough job, one that needs a natural like you. Of course, you'll need some skills - judgment, math and the ability to multitask. You'll be working for a company that's fun and flexible. Not to mention, it's work experience you're going to use for a long time to come. You've had our pizza delivered to you, now help us be the best in pizza delivery. Go on, boss, show us what you've got. Apply now!
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND DUTIES
You are responsible for everything that happens during your shift. This includes all cost controls, inventory control, cash control and customer relations. You must set the example. You must follow ALL policy and procedures 100% of the time and expect the same from your crew. In addition, staffing, paperwork, cost controls, cash control, food management, work to a set or changing schedule, perfect image and adhere to standards, great customer service, attendance, punctuality, transportation to/from work, store cleanliness, marketing, and profitability will all be requirements for the position.
Many of our team members began their careers as delivery drivers and today are successful Domino's franchise owners. From assistant manager to general manager, general manager to franchisee or Manager of Corporate Operations, our stores offer a world of opportunity!
Our mission is to recognize, appreciate, value and utilize the unique talents and contributions of all individuals. To create an environment where all team members, because of their differences, can reach their highest potential.
We take pride in our team members and our team members take pride in Domino's Pizza! Being the best pizza delivery company in the world and in every neighborhood requires exceptional team members working together. At Domino's Pizza, our people come first!
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be willing and able to work during times of inclement weather
- You must be willing to open and close
General job duties for all store team members include:
- Operate all equipment
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler
- Prepare product
- Receive and process telephone orders
- Take inventory and complete associated paperwork
- Clean equipment and facility approximately daily
Orientation and training provided on the job.
Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions. Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator)
- Must be able to make correct monetary change
- Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders
- Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed
- Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen
Additional InformationWORK CONDITIONS
- Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions when removing trash and performing other outside tasks
- In-store temperatures range from 32 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas
- Extreme weather conditions including
- temperatures ranging from 0 degrees up to 110 degrees outside
- Rain, fog, sleet, snow, ice, wind, dust, and more
- Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside
- Fumes from food odors
- Exposure to cornmeal dust
- Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler
- Hot surfaces/tools from oven and hot plates up to 500 degrees or higher
- Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts
- Talking and listening on telephone
- Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks
- Depth perception
- Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces.
- The ability to direct activities
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Work alone and with others
- Work adequately under stress
- Meet strict quality control standards
- Work well with others
- Satisfy unhappy customers
- Analyze and compile data
- Make judgments and decisions
- Problem Solving
- Most tasks are performed from a standing position
- Height of most work surfaces is between 36 and 48 inches
- For short distances or for short durations
- Paperwork is normally completed in an office at a desk or table
- Bulk product deliveries are made twice a week or more and are unloaded by the team member using a hand truck
- Deliveries may include cases of ingredients and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds with dimensions of up to 3' x 1.5'
- Cases are usually lifted from floor and stacked onto shelves up to 72” high
- Large bags/boxes/crates, weighing up to 50 pounds, are carried from the workstation to storage shelves
- Trays of pizza dough are carried three at a time over short distances, and weigh approximately 12 pounds per tray
- To move trays which are usually placed on dollies
- A stack of trays on a dolly is approximately 24 - 30 and requires a force of up to 7.5 pounds to push
- Team members must infrequently navigate stairs or climb a ladder to change prices on signs, wash walls, perform maintenance
- Forward bending at the waist is necessary at the pizza assembly station
- Toe room is present, but workers are unable to flex their knees while standing at this station
- Duration of this position is approximately 45 - 120 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day
- Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients
- Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas
- Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward
- Workers reach above 72” occasionally to turn on/off oven controls, change prices on sign, and lift and lower objects to and from shelves
- Workers reaching down to perform such tasks as scooping cornmeal from a plastic barrel, or washing dishes
- Workers reach forward when obtaining topping ingredients, cleaning work surfaces, or answering phones
- Hand Tasks
- Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day
- Frequently, activities require use of one or both hands. Shaping pizza dough requires frequent and forceful use of forearms and wrists
- Workers must manipulate a pizza peel when removing pizza from the oven, and when using the rolling cutter
- Frequent and/or forceful pinching is required in the assembly of cardboard pizza boxes
- Team Members must be able to grasp cans, the phone, the pizza cutter and pizza peel, and pizza boxes
- Team Members may be required to utilize pencils/pens, computers, telephones, calculators, TDD equipment, pizza cutter and pizza peel
This job posting is for a position in a store owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Domino’s Pizza LLC, Domino’s Pizza Franchising LLC, or Domino’s Pizza, Inc. (“Domino’s Corporate”). This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is alone responsible for and will independently make all decisions concerning employment matters for the store, including those relating to hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, compensation and benefits, staffing, and scheduling. Domino’s will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will not have any control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired. Further, Domino’s does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee will be your only employer, and you will not be an employee of Domino’s.