Senior Real Estate Leasing Coordinator
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Position Summary: The Senior Real Estate Leasing Coordinator is responsible for managing the leases and addressing maintenance and facility issues for approximately 300 corporately-owned stores across six (6) geographic markets. The coordinator is responsible for working directly with the attorneys in the Legal Department negotiating corporate lease agreements, the Construction Team responsible for the building of new and relocated Team USA store locations, members of the Accounting and Finance Teams to ensure proper rent and other payments are made to landlords and utility/service providers, and with store operations personnel (DCOs/MCOs) to address facility and maintenance issues at the store level. A successful coordinator will possess strong written and verbal skills, work well in a team environment, be well-organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in a timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(15%) Leasing – New Leases, Lease Renewals and Lease Tracking
- Negotiate 10-50 lease renewals annually.
- Generate real estate documents including, but not limited to: LOI’s, draft and final Leases, Lease Extensions and Amendments, Release Agreements and Termination Letters.
- Appropriate follow up regarding same (copying, faxing, filing, etc.).
- Communicate and share Rent Stop notices with Accounting when stores are closed due to relocation, sale or corporate operation decisions.
- Initiate and follow through on additional rent reductions projects.
- Help TUSA identify high rent and NNN stores for deep dive evaluation.
- Prepare lease abstracts and lease liability reports as needed.
- Run rent monthly for all TUSA Stores, Supply Chain Centers and Offices
- Reconcile rent, tax and insurance payments and make CAM adjustments as needed
(30%) Asset Management – Maintenance and Repair
- Responsible for repair and maintenance for approximately 50% of the Team USA stores.
- Communicate store asset problems with Landlords, including, but not limited to, water leaks, pest control, structural, roof issues and trash problems.
- Track and follow through with store violations. Communicate with Accounting to ensure proper payment and with Operations and Construction Manager to track the resolution steps and timing. Track all court dates and communicate the same with Operations and Construction Manager.
- Send out official notices to Landlords as needed to ensure timely resolutions.
- Start/stop utilities service.
- Management relationship with waste vendor.
- Update DCO’s/MCO’s weekly on all outstanding issues and resolution progress.
(10%) Database Management and Reporting
- Scan leases and input lease terms into AMTDirect or similar program.
- Co-Manage Pipeline Report and update weekly – tracking all lease renewals.
- Co-Manage updating DCO reports each period which include all updated rents, lease dates, and other pertinent lease terms.
- Co-Manage a Facilities Pipeline Report to be updated weekly and distributed to Operations, Construction Specialist, and Real Estate Manager.
- Assist with the creation of monthly Leasing Committee Meeting presentations.
(20%) Equipment Tracking and Signs
- Add all new equipment VIN numbers and warranty information into Corrigo and update regularly.
- Communicate equipment failures under warranty with E&S.
- Field all requests for signs from Construction Manager, get Landlord approvals and track progress. Follow up with DCO’s to determine the quality of work.
- Maintain a Sign Pipeline to track all orders and update weekly.
(25%) Provide Administrative Support for Construction and Real Estate
- Keep filing up to date.
- Assist Legal, Real Estate and Construction with special projects as they evolve.
- Verify CAM/Taxes and Insurance discrepancies with Landlords as needed for AP.
- 3-5 years Real Estate Leasing experience
- General office skills necessary
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and take direction from several individuals
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with legal documents
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.