Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(30%) Trademark/Domain Name Protection:
- Protect intellectual property rights through trademark and services mark/Domain Name filings, renewals, oppositions, appeals, cancellations and prosecution of infringers.
- Develop and implement strategy for International trademarks, service marks, tradename and domain name protection.
- Maintain Trademark and Domain Name Databases and prepare monthly summary reports.
(25%) Trademark and Domain Name Development:
- Conduct trademark and domain name searches and prepare clearance reports to help determine mark availability in existing and new markets.
- Help educate team members on proper trademark use, trademark selection and trademark protection.
(10%) Registration Requirements:
- Maintain intellectual property rights through the preparation and recording of registered user/licensing agreements, status reports and declarations of use.
- Report preparation for quarterly compliance obligations under the Asset-Backed Securitization Agreement.
- Analyze and assist with outstanding trademark infringement litigation and cancellation actions, including: following up with foreign counsel, monitoring litigation, preparing cease and desist letters, litigation summaries and implementing actions.
- Identify and file oppositions to intellectual property infringement on social media platforms.
- Review new product and marketing campaign IP issues/clearances.
- Review advertisements, promotions, and contracts for attorney final review.
- Maintain and track company patents and patent information.
- Develop and implement a licensing function to authorize vendors to utilize Domino’s intellectual property.
- Oversight for license agreements
- Review samples and validate trademark usage by 3rd parties.
- Minimum BA or BS, with additional paralegal degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years experience in intellectual property and trademarks, preferably as a paralegal
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and judgment to create practical alternatives and solutions to legal/IP issues
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision and in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.