Cloud Application Architect
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Application Architect role is a senior technical position within the IT team responsible for creating holistic solutions that address the business challenges of the enterprise, and that support the governance needed to implement them. The individual in this role leads an integrated response to competitive advantage by finding information and technology solutions that reflect world-class best practices. The Application Architect must apply thinking on behalf of the enterprise to create a more consistent, stable and feature rich environment for IT applications and services, define consistent delivery mechanisms, and set enterprise standards and running rules. The Application Architect will coordinate and influence other enterprise domains, such as data or infrastructure, process, and business domains in addition to guiding project and solution level architecture.
- Responsible for the strategy and design for the application deploy/run pipeline delivering to all landing zones; Cloud, Containers, Hybrid cloud and On premise.
- Enabling a ‘Quick to Market’ SaaS delivery approach into global cloud regions through product, tooling, process and architectural recommendations
- Owning the software mapping transformation plan with a view to driving visibility, stability, risk reduction, cost reduction, optimizations, and tactical improvements
- Architecting and rolling out a strategic long term CI/CD approach, with execution support from the Hybrid Cloud team and Service Delivery
- Responsible for crafting the application and services architecture strategy with the IT architect community and driving continual realization across the IT organization of the strategy.
- Working closely with other Principals and Senior team members to drive consistency and alignment to long term business strategy and short term tactical deliverables across the full tech stack
- Designing and directing the governance structure and activities associated with ensuring compliance with the application and service architecture, including working closely with InfoSec to reduce risk and improve visibility and driving InfoSec requirements into the Hybrid Cloud and Service Delivery teams
- Leading and facilitating the creation of governing principles for application and services to guide information, technology, and solution decision making for the enterprise
- Owning the strategy and delivery of key enabling applications and services within the transformation organization, such as in-memory databases and oAuth.
- Develop and deploy capability for development metrics to enable visibility into environment maturity
- Help with development of an application security scanning pipeline
- Consulting on application and service development projects early in the development across the organization to drive transformation strategy, as well as determining and highlighting when it is necessary to modify and adapt to increase value and opportunity
- Overseeing the evaluation and selection of tools, techniques, processes and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and approaches
- Analyzing IT industry and market trends to determine their impact on the enterprise and key programs
- Identifying the organizational resources, structures and cultural change necessary to support application and services architecture
- Communicating IT trends to the broader business acting in a consultative fashion
- Leading the application and services architecture function or program, obtaining buy-in from all levels of the organization as well as promoting and communicating its progress, outcomes and results to the organization and its leaders
- Understanding, advocating and supporting the enterprise's IT strategies, as well as analyzing its IT environment to detect deficiencies and recommend improvements
- Responsible for consulting with all of IT and the broader business on any/all technical matters.
- Consult with line of business management on training plans to cover emerging trends in IT that correlate to application architecture future state direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Technology or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA or Master’s degree in technical field desired.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in an IT architecture role
- Candidate should have in-depth experience in designing and implementing enterprise solutions leveraging standard frameworks
- Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and teaming skills.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong documentation skills
- Critical design, transformation and change thought process
- Business domain, data/content and process understanding
- System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture techniques.
All your information will be kept confidenJoin the team that makes all of our new ideas possible across our 17,000+ stores. So much of our lives involves the use of technology, but we don't all speak the language of tech. We need translators in the form of writers who can break down highly complicated information from technical experts and make it relatable to even the least technical among us. That's where technical writers come in.