Lead Regional Maintenance Specialist
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
This position will be located in Ann Arbor or within driving distance of one of our Supply Chain centers (Within the U.S)
Anchorage, AK - Phoenix, AZ- Denver, CO - East Granby, CT - Groveland, FL - Kennesaw, GA - Aiea, HI - Woodridge, IL - Merrillville, IN - Erlanger KY - Baton Rouge, LA - Odenton, MD - New Boston, MI - Eagan, MN - St. Peters, MO - Edison, NJ - Hayward, CA - Garner, NC - Grand Prairie, TX - Columbia, SC - Katy, TX - Marietta GA - Kent, WA - Livonia, MI
This position will be responsible for supporting maintenance teams and processes at Domino’s Supply Chain Centers throughout an entire region or territory. The position will be location at the WRC in Ann Arbor, MI or within a reasonable driving distance to once of our Supply Chain Centers. This role is tasked with developing and sustaining standard maintenance procedures, documentation, and tools to track progress. Incumbents will evaluate maintenance programs, assist in planning repair/installation/upkeep and center systems (electrical, mechanical and refrigeration). This role will partner with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of the Central Maintenance Management program.
- Execute and maintain preventative maintenance systems and processes
- Update, maintain, and generate reports from the CMMS
- Guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment
- Manage critical spare parts lists
- Evaluate cost structure of regional spare parts program
- Works with Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations of equipment
- Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans and inspection criteria
- Participates in the final check out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment, spare parts, and technical service providers
- Completes FMEA analysis of legacy and future equipment and action plans to mitigate risks
- Performs and supports local teams in Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA)
- Works with Supply Chain Centers and WRC to perform analyses of assets and action plans to improve:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- Provides technical support to Supply Chain Centers as needed
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Support the execution of the Maintenance training plan
- Lead or Support Engineering or other functional projects as necessary
- Develop vendor relationships (preferred contractors, vendors, etc.) with Procurement team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis on Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering. Or combination of degree and/or experience.
- Min 5-10 years of experience working in Manufacturing or Engineering roles. Experience working in maintenance or food safety in a food manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience implementing, managing, and leading large scale projects with remote stakeholders.
- Experience managing contractors and vendors
- Experience in locations with refrigeration systems is a plus
- Proven Time Management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong focus on accuracy
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, certifications a plus
- Experience with process layouts, production layouts and capital improvement projects is highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of state and local regulations governing engineering standards
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Proven ability to make independent decisions with minimal supervision, quickly assess new technologies and identify applications, manage complex issues concurrently and work under strict deadlines and in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to influence others, build consensus, lead meetings, and resolve conflict
- Excellent negotiation and organizational skills
- Experience with interacting and gaining consensus from various levels of the organization.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Project)
- Proficiency in CMMS or EAM Supervisory Responsibilities
- AutoCAD, Revit, or another similar program a plus