Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Manages payroll team to complete in house payroll for both our domestic and expatriate team members on time and accurately every week. Interprets company policies and government regulations in connection with payroll procedures and ensures consistency, accuracy and compliance with governmental payroll regulations. Ensures all tax obligations are fulfilled at the local, state and federal levels. Liaison for international division to research residency and employment eligibility, payroll and tax requirements of foreign countries, lead vendor selection and implement international payroll processing arrangements. Manage global tax policies. Manage and leverage outsourced payroll vendors (garnishments and tax fulfillment) to ensure they maintain proper service levels at competitive rates while remaining in compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Manage Payroll Team
- Recruiting, hiring and retaining exceptional people
- Goal setting and Performance reviews for all direct reports
- Responsible for professional development of payroll team members
- Career Planning and Succession Planning for key payroll positions
- Establish and enforce service level expectations and institute performance plans where necessary
- Monitor and report on service metrics of payroll and payroll compliance requests
- Communicates important payroll changes with other departments and external entities
- Organize and provide training and development to address competency gaps for current and potential team members.
Manage the Payroll Process and System
- Manage and ensure the accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of the day-to-day activities of the payroll department.
- Participate in the design, testing and implementation of quality and cost effective programs.
- Oversee Year end Processing including testing, year- end adjustments and issuing of W2 forms
- Ensure payroll processes are in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Research and apply best practices and reengineering principles within the payroll department to enhance an efficient payroll process
- Proactive communication and interaction with other departments to resolve issues impacting payroll functions.
- Determine work procedures and expedites workflow within department
- Manage change in service level with vendors to ensure seamless transition
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures. Ensure there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, as defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Maintain Payroll Tax Compliance
- Maintain knowledge of payroll tax laws and current developments in payroll procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-state payroll tax requirements.
- Ensure that tax changes are handled appropriate within the payroll processes and the updates are tested and applied in the payroll system.
- Assist in the communication to all necessary parties when regulations change
- Research the impact of laws on Domino’s payroll withholding procedures
- Ensure government compliance with periodic tax payment schedules
- Oversee the processing and report data to governmental and internal sources
- Manage global tax and company tax policies.
- Oversee the compliance on the global mobility program.
- Research all laws and regulations of foreign tax treaties as required by International Assignments
- Identify and lead RFP efforts to select international payroll processors
- Manage vendor service levels and regulatory reporting with international payroll service companies
- Provide projections on foreign payroll budget
- Assist with finalizing assignment agreements to comply with regulations of host locations
- Manage the transition of international team members between markets as it relates to compliance with required registrations, benefits, deductions, mandated retirement schemes, etc.
- Support ongoing payroll and tax reporting and payments to our Expatriates and Foreign Nationals
- Provide onboarding meetings with International Assignees and ongoing support as it relates to their transition, classification, foreign tax returns, tax equalizations and domestic tax obligations
- Monitor AP payments to International Assignees to determine taxability and accrue for year-end adjustments
- Advise, document, design and test new business processes that affect payroll processing
- Assess current payroll vendors to assure fiscal responsibility as well as match for overall business needs.
- Identifies areas for system or process improvement and assumes responsibility for delivering on these initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in related field such as Finance, Accounting, Business
- 5 years payroll, compensation or related experience
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Multi-state payroll tax experience
- Maintain Certified Payroll Professional status
- 2 Years experience in major ERP payroll system (PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP, etc), knowledge of PeopleSoft a plus
- Data extract and analysis using Query tools, native SQL experience a plus
- Systems Life Cycle experience including design, implement, test and roll out phases of automated modules
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Visio.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This role will be working in a hybrid environment out of our office in Ann Arbor, MI. Tuesday/Thursday are in office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.