Technical Business Analyst
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This position is for a Technical Analyst on the Next Generation Store Systems (NGSS) Solution Architecture & Design Team. The NGSS solution is made up of web-based applications and API-based services that will help drive Domino’s world-wide innovation in the years to come. The Technical Analyst is proficient in both the business and technical aspects of the NGSS platform and is responsible for creating the technical specifications for new features.
- Be an expert of the business. Understand the requirements and validate the NGSS solution architecture against existing functionality covering a wide range of international use cases.
- Be an expert of the system. Understand the NGSS applications and services and how they interact. Engage in productive discussions with a variety of audiences at both high and low levels of the system.
- Deliver solutions for new NGSS features. Translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Collaborate with solution architects to develop and maintain solution documentation. This includes API specifications, domain models, solution models, sequence diagrams and event models.
- Collaborate with product designers to help create a superior user experience in NGSS applications.
- Lead hand-off meetings to disseminate solution specifications to the development team. Provide guidance on features throughout the development lifecycle.
- Perform acceptance testing of features as development is complete. Help diagnose issues with data, applications, and services.
- Analyze current store configurations and data (e.g., addresses, coupons, pricing, reports) and collaborate on migration approaches and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Information Technology or Computer/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- At least three years of applicable IT experience working on a large application initiative.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral. Adept at engaging equally in business-level discussions with stakeholders and technical discussions with peers.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical concepts and disseminate them both verbally and in writing.
- Experience with web-based application development teams. Experience in an agile environment is a plus.
- Experience diagnosing application issues by reviewing log files. Experience with Splunk is a plus.
- Working knowledge of RESTful API concepts. Experience with OpenAPI and Postman are pluses.
- Adept at working with JSON files.
- Working knowledge of database concepts.
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages. C# experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of one or more operating systems. Unix/Linux experience is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and manage problems independently.
- Knowledge of UML or similar modeling language is a plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.