Lead Specialist - Buyer Commodities
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This position is responsible for the strategic category management of specific categories for Commodity (Food) Products. Develop/initiate active management for designated categories with total value equal to or less than $75 million. Actively identify and develop plans to ensure supply and price competitiveness. Negotiate cost savings and implement productivity ideas that appropriately contribute to the functional goals of the Commodity Procurement Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Develop category strategies and business continuity plans for assigned categories
· Build and maintain category intelligence through extensive category research and relationship building with supply partners and key individuals in the supply community
· Manage and develop supplier portfolio in accordance with aligned strategies, taking into account performance, risk and the need to maintain a competitive environment
· Formulate cost effective supply-based strategies
· Drive value through productivity, supplier resources, untapped synergies and/or process improvements across all managed categories which contribute to the achievement of annual Procurement Department and Corporate savings goals
· Continual tracking and management of all managed goods, cost drivers and the relevant commodity markets
· Establish relationships with suppliers who have the capabilities and capacities that meet Domino’s specs, superior service and competitive prices
· Develop contacts with each supplier in all relevant areas (i.e. sales & technical) for special requests/assistance when needed
· Develop key relationships with internal stakeholders (both within and external to SCS) driving key category strategies and program execution
· Make necessary changes in the supplier bases when business cases dictate
· Support Marketing innovation projects with category intelligence and the supply relationship to execute new products or changes to existing menu items
· Project management of Procurement driven projects and cross functional projects with enhanced Procurement involvement
· Develop mastery of assigned commodities and the associated global market dynamics
· Provide forward looking risk sensitivity analysis for assigned commodities
· Lead and direct the risk management strategy for assigned commodities to manage market fluctuations and mitigate volatility.
· Contribute to internal/external commodity reporting, presentation and recommendation requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Business, Purchasing, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or Marketing
· Minimum 3 to 7 years’ experience in procurement and/or marketing with emphasis in product/category management for the food service industry (or other applicable experience)
· Understanding of global agricultural markets and managing the risk thereof via derivatives, OTC’s and other risk management strategies a plus
· Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
· Manage internal and external relationships
· Execute, prioritize and drive multiple priorities without losing focus or momentum
· Creative thinking/problem solving capabilities
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficient in MS Office products
· Must be a Team Player and work well in cross functional teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.