Senior Manager Forecasting
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Analytics & Insights team is critical in driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
A strong executive presence is a requirement for this senior manager forecasting role where they candidate will need to effectively communicate the forecast results to C-level executives.
The scope of forecasting includes:
- Long-term global sales forecasting for all countries on Domino’s Pulse POS system
- Domestic store-level daily demand and capacity forecasting and planning
- Domestic system demand forecasting and integration into Domino’s/UKG App
- Demand planning weekly domestic forecasting of Supply Chain items for each center
- Long-term econometric domestic consumer demand and Domino’s order forecast
This high visibility leadership role will lead the team in the development and evolution of forecasting for Domino’s. The senior manager will coach, develop, and support their data science team to ensure they are using forecasting techniques and inputs to best meet the needs of the organization. Forecasts will need to be fully automated so that results can be produced with very short turnaround to meet leadership needs.
The senior manager will need to regularly meet with leaders across the organization soliciting feedback on the accuracy of the forecasts and staying abreast of upcoming events that could influence the forecasts. Two important objectives for this role are (1) continuous improvement in forecast accuracy, and (2) expansion of forecasts into other applications for Domino’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(30%) Managing Leadership
- Present clear and concise forecasts to leadership with clear/valid assumptions
- Provide insights on underlying drivers of the forecast
- Provide timely responses to leadership questions and follow-ups
(40%) Managing Team
- Lead the forecast team promoting continuous team member development and improvement
- Delegate and hold team accountable for model accuracy and forecast enhancements
- Promote team member continuous improvement
(30%) Continuous Improvement and Expansion
- Continue to innovate and enhance forecasts with the goal of reducing forecast error
- Reduce turnaround time of forecasts from end of fiscal period
- Provide an environment where TM’s are rewarded for new and innovative forecast techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Predictive Modeling, Industrial Operations Engineering, or related field. Master’s degree preferred
- 6+ years professional related experience, including experience managing a high-performing team
- Extensive experience in multiple forecasting techniques is required
- Strong communication and presentation skill and the ability to influence decision making
Annual Compensation: $150-160k