Summary: This position will be a key member of the Supply Chain Center safety team and will be responsible for leading the implementation and ongoing program management/oversight of the Environmental Health & Safety, Safety Training, and Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) program. This position will offer an EHS perspective during Continuous Improvement (CI) events at the supply chain center.
Salary: $60,000 annual
- Serve as the liaison between the center and corporate Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) on all EHS-related matters
- Lead all center Safety Instructor Lead Training
- Advise during incident investigations and assist with conducting root cause analysis
- Partner with leadership, staff, and PeopleFirst to ensure timeliness and quality of incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Lead Safety Gemba walks, assigns, and tracks all follow-up action items
- Partner with the site leadership team to create a safety agenda with deliverables, milestones, and metrics
- Partner with the regional Safety Program leaders to ensure compliance with local and national (EHS) regulations
- Collaborate with maintenance and center leadership to ensure all safety work orders and initiatives are completed
- Assess EHS risk and perform a hazard analysis of all aspects of the current operation and any additional tooling or equipment
- Assist in site security operations
- Manage vendor relationships with all Center EHS safety suppliers and consultants
- Lead Center sustainability initiatives (new in 2020)
- Partner with Quality Assurance and Safety to coordinate mitigating/corrective actions for findings from physical and food safety audits.
- Manage other tactical-related tasks as assigned by center leadership and safety team.
- Uploading documentation to Intelex.
- Have a working understanding of basic production, warehouse, and driver safety programs
- Ability to partner with all individuals at all levels.
- Proven ability to manage ongoing projects and tasks to completion.
- Experience working in an automated facility (safety, warehouse, or production)
- Experience presenting to a site leadership team
- Experience or related degree in Environmental Health and Safety
- Familiar with food safety and DOT requirements
- OSHA 30 certification or the ability to become certified within 60 days of job acceptance
- SORA license preferred
- OSHA VPP experience preferred
- Excellent people skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.