Sanitation Shift Leader
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 18,000 stores worldwide (6,471 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 18,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 19 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment, and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2017 alone, these centers made 650,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you!
The Production Sanitation Shift Leader is responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness of the centers processing equipment and ensuring a food safe environment. Leads, coaches, trains, and develops the sanitation team to achieve outstanding sanitation results and executes operating policies and procedures to produce and store product safely. Reports to the Production Team Leader and receives direction concerning sanitation activities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
· Responsible for daily sanitation of all processing equipment and manages sanitation team to ensure all procedures are followed
· Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program and commitment to a safe workplace for all. Ensures staff is informed of corporate safety requirements and that safety is a priority in day-to-day functions
· Coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the processing
· Implements all GMP and HACCP procedures that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control with the facility
· Responsible for managing and maintaining a supply of cleaning chemicals necessary for the operation of the cleaning program, and in compliance with OSHA regulations and company SOPs
· Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all Food Safety audits
· Leads, motivates, and develops sanitation personnel to achieve outstanding manufacturing and sanitation results. Effectively conducts team meetings. Provides a satisfying and rewarding work environment for team members
· Trains sanitation team members in best practices and safety to understand the proper use of personal protective equipment
· Responsible for daily scheduling and efficient resource allocation.
· Fills out daily sanitation logs, performance reports and shift paperwork
· Implements, and manages all monitoring forms, records, and documentation to comply with all requirements
· Performs related and other duties as assigned. May be required to fill in for team members in their absence
· Supports the production team and team members as assigned. May be required to fill in for production team members or leaders in their absence.
· Wear and follow Domino’s Pizza uniform standards
· Execute operating policies and procedures to produce and store product safely
· High school diploma or GED-equivalent
· 1-2 years of manufacturing, sanitation, or bakery experience
· One year of shift lead experience with sound effective communication skills
· Maintain forklift certification
· Some knowledge of Microsoft Office software
· Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals, and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry
· Working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required
· Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
· Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
· Read and understand chemical labels
· Read and understand HACCP along with FDA and OSHA requirements
· Must have a basic understanding of inventory methods
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically
· Ability to work in production/warehouse environment with constant exposure to loud machinery
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
· Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 15 lbs. frequently and 25 lbs. on occasion
Benefits Start Day 1
401K Match 5%
15% off DPZ Stock