Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
The Inventory Control Specialist (ICS) maintains accurate accountability of inventory and inventory transactions, is responsible for conducting daily cycle counts and investigating inventory variances, ensures First In / First Out (FIFO) product rotation, and conducts replenishments of pick locations as needed to support outbound warehouse operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Although this may be your primary duty or function, you are expected to be cross-trained in other areas of the business and assist in those areas on an as-needed basis and use standard operating procedures (SOP) to perform required tasks.· Operate RF scanner and desktop computer in an SAP environment.
- Operate Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) equipment including pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Conduct daily cycle counts of pick and reserve bins, by batch.
- Investigate, and report inventory discrepancies.
- Conduct daily replenishment of pick bins before and during outbound operations.
- Segregate, account for, and dispose of damaged and spoiled product.
- Investigate root cause of damage and spoilage and propose solutions to reduce occurrence.
- Manage SCC outgoing shipments (other than standard delivery orders):
- Pick, pack, and stage material for outgoing shipments.
- Complete outgoing Bill of Lading.
- Load trucks for outgoing shipment.
- Assist with loading trucks and customer pick-ups as needed.
- Understand processes, procedures, and company policies.
- Compliance with all company security policies and procedures.
- Assist with always being audit and 5s ready.
- Assist with training other team members in inventory control.
- Conduct monthly, semi-annual and annual Physical Inventory.
- Maintain safety while using equipment and tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
- High School diploma required. College Preferred
- Inventory certifications are acceptable.
- 2+ years of experience in an inventory role. SAP experience preferred.
- Solid organizational skills are necessary.
- Good problem-solving skills to improve efficiency and inventory issues.
- Previous inventory control, warehouse, production, or manufacturing experience is a must.
- Must be able to maintain forklift and pallet jack certification.
- Attention to detail to identify defective products.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications and RF scanner.
- Perform basic math functions (e.g. add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must be professional and courteous in their dealing with internal and external customers.
- Willing and able to work any day or shift as we are a 24/7 operation, including weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to stand and / or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs/ladder, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work in refrigerated (32/38 degrees), and freezer (-10 to 0 degrees) or extreme heat.
- Work in environments with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary.
- Must be able to work around flour and yeast.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms over head.
- Must be able to push / pull 100 pounds using a pallet jack.
- Must use and /or wear always required safety equipment.
Domino's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a unified and inclusive environment. Our recruitment process is barrier-free, and we will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by Domino's regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Domino's is committed to an inclusive environment where our exceptional people are respected and celebrated for their time, talents, and energies while striving to make our company the best pizza delivery company in the world.