Delivery Driver(02975) - 738 E Schaumburg Rd
ABOUT THE JOBDo you know why Domino's Pizza hires so many drivers? Well, aside from the fact that our delicious pizza is the perfect solution for dinner for families all across the nation - we do it because we can. What do we mean by that, you ask? We mean that we offer a great flexible schedule that offers the hours you're looking for. That means you're free when you need to be. You'll have plenty of time left over for school, to hang with your friends, or whatever. Even if you need a second job for some extra cash, Domino's Pizza is the perfect place for you.
Right now Domino's is looking for qualified drivers to staff stores in your area. We're growing so fast it's hard to keep up, and that means Domino's has lots of ways for you to grow (if that's what you want), perhaps to management, perhaps beyond. Whether it's your hobby, main-gig, or supplemental job, apply online. We're bound to have just the thing for you.General job duties for all store team members
• Operate all equipment.
• Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, walk-in cooler.
• Prepare product.
• Receive and process telephone orders.
• Take inventory and complete associated paperwork.
• Clean equipment and facility approximately daily.
Orientation and training provided on the job.
• Ability to comprehend and give correct written instructions.
• Ability to communicate verbally with customers and co-workers to process orders both over the phone and in person.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide accurately and quickly (may use calculator).
• Must be able to make correct monetary change.
• Verbal, writing, and telephone skills to take and process orders. Motor coordination between eyes and hands/fingers to rapidly and accurately make precise movements with speed.
• Ability to enter orders using a computer keyboard or touch screen.
• Varying and sometimes adverse weather conditions whenremoving trash and performing other outside tasks.
• In-store temperatures range from 36 degrees in cooler to 90 degrees and above in some work areas.
• Sudden changes in temperature in work area and while outside.
• Fumes from food odors.
• Exposure to cornmeal dust.
• Cramped quarters including walk-in cooler.
• Hot surfaces/tools from oven up to 500 degrees or higher.
• Sharp edges and moving mechanical parts.
• Talking and hearing on telephone. Near and mid-range vision for most in-store tasks.
• Depth perception.
• Ability to differentiate between hot and cold surfaces.
Performed occasionally to stock shelves and to clean low areas.
• Reaching is performed continuously; up, down and forward.
• Workers reach above 72" occasionally to turn on/off oven controls, change prices on sign, and lift and lower objects to and from shelves.
• Workers reaching down to perform such tasks as scooping cornmeal from a plastic barrel, or washing dishes.
• Workers reach forward when obtaining topping ingredients, cleaning work surfaces, or answering phones.
• Eye-hand coordination is essential. Use of hands is continuous during the day.
• Frequently activities require use of one or both hands. Shaping pizza dough requires frequent and forceful use of forearms and wrists.
• Workers must manipulate a pizza peel when removing pizza from the oven, and when using the rolling cutter.
• Frequent and/or forceful pinching is required in the assembly of cardboard pizza boxes.
• Team Members must be able to grasp cans, the phone, the pizza cutter and pizza peel, and pizza boxes.
The ability to direct activities, perform repetitive tasks, work alone and with others, work under stress, meet strict quality control standards, deal with people, analyze and compile data, make judgements and decisions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS including, but not limited to the following:
Standing: Most tasks are performed from a standing position. Walking surfaces include ceramic tile "bricks" with linoleum in some food process areas. Height of work surfaces is between 36" and 48".
For short distances for short durations
Paperwork is normally completed in an office at a desk or table
• Bulk product deliveries are made twice a week or more and are unloaded by the team member using a hand truck.
• Deliveries may include cases of ingredients and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds with dimensions of up to 3' x 1.5'.
• Cases are usually lifted from floor and stacked onto shelves up to 72" high.
• Large cans, weighing 3 pounds, 7 ounces, are carried from the workstation to storage shelves.
• Occasionally, pizza sauce weighing 30 pounds is carried from the storage room to the front of the store.
• Trays of pizza dough are carried three at a time over short distances, and weigh approximately 12 pounds per tray.
• To move trays which are placed on dollies.
• A stack of trays on a dolly is approximately 24" - 30" and requires a force of up to 7.5 pounds to push.
• Trays may also be pulled.
Team members must infrequently navigate stairs or climb a ladder to change prices on signs, wash walls, perform maintenance.
• Forward bending at the waist is necessary at the pizza assembly station.
• Toe room is present, but workers are unable to flex their knees while standing at this station.
• Duration of this position is approximately 30 - 45 seconds at one time, repeated continuously during the day.
• Forward bending is also present at the front counter and when stocking ingredients.
This job posting is for a position in a store owned and operated by an independent franchisee, not Domino’s Pizza LLC, Domino’s Pizza Franchising LLC, or Domino’s Pizza, Inc. (“Domino’s Corporate”). This means, among other things, that the independent franchisee is alone responsible for and will independently make all decisions concerning employment matters for the store, including those relating to hiring, firing, discipline, supervision, compensation and benefits, staffing, and scheduling. Domino’s will not receive a copy of any application you submit for this job posting and will not have any control over whether you receive an interview and/or are ultimately hired. Further, Domino’s does not control and is not responsible for the employment policies and practices of independent franchisees. If you are hired for this job posting, the independent franchisee will be your only employer, and you will not be an employee of Domino’s.