Production Shift Leader
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries. Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Assist Distribution Manager with the coordination of production team members engaged in the production of pizza dough in accordance with established company/industry standards and procedures. Be an active participant in the training and coaching of new/tenure team members in job duties, responsibilities and safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Set up production area prior to making dough
- Scales and metering equipment must be check weighed equal to its usage and documented
- Thermometers must be calibrated and checked against a certified thermometer
- Yeast slurry and mixer timers checked and calibrated at the start of each production day
- Lead the Production team in the absence of the Distribution Manager
- Run the floor: Rotate breaks, complete daily dough requirement per sizes
- Work as a production team member and perform tasks necessary to meet production goals
- Perform batch setup and mixing of dough production process
- Remove dough balls from rounder conveyor belt and place into dough tray
- Stack filled dough trays and prepares for shipment
- Load tray washer by placing soiled trays onto feeder conveyor
- Monitors quality of dough product
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork
- Become and maintain dough certification
- Attend and participate in Leadership & Development training sessions
- Wear and follow Domino’s uniform standards
- Coach and train TMs at all positions as needed
- Maintain safe and positive work environment in compliance with company standards, Province and federal requirements
- High school diploma or GED, some college courses preferred
- 1-2 years of manufacturing or bakery experience
- One year of shift lead experience with sound effective communication skills
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to stand, climb and walk on a continual basis throughout shift
- Ability to lift from floor to above the head, to carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently, and 75 lbs. occasionally, throughout work shift
- Ability to work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary
- Able to work with yeast and flour products
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Domino's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a unified and inclusive environment. Our recruitment process is barrier-free, and we will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by Domino's regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Domino's is committed to an inclusive environment where our exceptional people are respected and celebrated for their time, talents, and energies while striving to make our company the best pizza delivery company in the world.