Software Engineer II (.NET)
Domino’s – an IT company that sells pizza!
Don’t believe us? With 65% of U.S. sales via digital channels, industry-leading digital ordering experiences, and nearly half of the team members based at the Ann Arbor, MI headquarters focused on Information Technology (IT), we’re among the largest e-commerce retailers in terms of annual transactions, and we don’t plan on stopping there!
As we continue to enhance and grow our online ordering, digital marketing and technological capabilities, we’re committed to building diverse talent with strong technical capabilities and leadership skills that will help to get us there. This might be where you come in!
Domino's Next Generation Store Systems (NGSS) group is working to rebuild, from scratch, the software used to run our stores and handle orders from our various ordering channels (e.g., websites, mobile applications, call centers, and conversational commerce solutions). With a new commerce platform in place we will be able to continue to bring new experiences to our customers like our Pizza Tracker, Driver Tracker, and hotspot delivery locations. Join the team that makes all of our new ideas possible across our 17,000+ stores.
A Developer II has mastered the most-often used features of the programming language, its commonly used features and 3rd party libraries, and code management and build tooling. They are able to develop a medium set of defined, inter-related classes, articulate the design of the large codebase in which they are working and follow the team's idioms and practices. Additionally, they are able to provide some instructive feedback to newer developers through code reviews and in-person Q&A. As they progress, they should be able to implement smaller subsystems independently and begin to understand the principals and practices that led to the system's current design.
Development - 90%
- Write, test, and bug-fix performant applications with a special emphasis on stability and long-term supportability.
- Write clear, developer-focused documentation for your code and the app as a whole.
- Develop good, comprehensive, automated functional tests.
- Participate in the prototyping of new ideas, concepts, and designs
- Work with business analysts, other developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
Mentoring - 10%
- Review code and provide feedback to developers on ways to improve code quality, clarity, and performance.
- Review tests and provide feedback on ways to improve general code coverage, positive and negative test cases, and data management.
- Instruct developers in group standards and practices.
- Describe and instruct developers in the team's build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
- 4+ yrs professional development in any language, most recent year in C# developing server-side applications
- Fluent in C#, experience with .Net Standard, .Net Core, and ASP.Net Core
- Experience with build, debug, and profiling tools (e.g., Jenkins, MSBuild, dotCover, YourKit, RedGate)
- Understanding some design methods/patterns such as DRY, SOLID, ReST
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.