Training Operations Specialist
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Summary: The role of Specialist – Store Ops Training is designed to assist the Team USA markets in store-level operations training.
The Specialist should work to always adhere to our team’s mission: “Our team is committed to motivate, educate, and inspire team members on the road to becoming the #1 Dominant pizza company in the world. We build connections with team members through training by being passionate, trustworthy, inspiring and open. We create inspired solutions to build strong team members who thrive and become operational experts.”
(55%) In-store Training
- Review data from stores, identify and observe top performers, build market-wide best practices to share
- Implement the training plan designed for TUSA
- Execute training visits, geared to removing training roadblocks from the stated goal
- Visits should support the current Team USA goals, Innovations, New Products, or training the MCO to conduct a visit type
- Each visit should only have 1-2 targeted objectives
- Feedback will be left with the store, MCO, DCO, and Corporate Training Manager
(30%) Facilitation of Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Lead workshops as a form of Train the trainer to support MCOs
- Maintain an updated calendar for all ILT classes
- Communicate upcoming training attendance with marketplace leadership
- Report on ILT attendance and utilize the Kirkpatrick feedback process
- Provide weekly feedback to marketplace leadership on the progression of the training.
- Provide weekly feedback to Manager, Team USA Training, on number of certifications attempted, passed, failed, and the plans that coincide with each certification.
- Contact appropriate HR representative to ensure promotions get processed
- Be prepared to present updates at selected leadership meetings, market rallies, and events.
- Provide training execution (course compliance) and effectiveness updates to the marketplace leadership.
- Track execution and effectiveness of store-level training through observations, interviews, and training reports.
- Complete expense reports weekly
- Complete weekly schedules and communicate to the marketplace leadership
(5%) Coach Pizza Prep School and Ops Immersion
- Assist in the station coaching at Pizza Prep School
- Learn to facilitate a portion of the Ops Immersion Program
- At least 2 years Domino’s or equivalent restaurant management experience required
- Formal (stand up) training experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required
- Outstanding presentation skills required
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and monitor multiple activities (“multi-tasking”) required
- Ability to work a minimum of 2 weekend days a period
- Capability with PeopleSoft, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Presents a professional demeanor
Leader of Self Competencies
- Ensures Accountability
- Customer Focus