Transportation Manager *$5k Signing Bonus!
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, but at more than 19,000 stores worldwide (and more than 6,300 in the U.S. alone) … you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work. And we don’t have any plans of stopping any time soon.
So, how do we get food to all those stores? Well, that’s where you come in. We have more than 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, that provide fresh dough and other ingredients, to franchise and corporate owned Domino’s stores. In 2019 alone, these centers made more than 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Manage and coordinate the Delivery and Service department. Formulate and administer policies, programs and procedures for the Delivery and Service department, including schedules, rates, routes, backhauls, and assignment of drivers and vehicles. Build and maintain positive customer relationships, manage customer service complaints and concerns timely and effectively. Manage/comply with federal, state, company policies, local laws, transportation programs and regulations. Non-labor budget responsibility from $680,000 to $4,000,000, depending on size of facility. Manage the center in the Directors absence. High comfort level working in a diverse, fast paced environment.
Identifiers for Managers in level 1 facilities: Responsible for dispatch operations of approximately 75+ outbound loads and internal moves weekly, supports 500+ stores, and Manages a driver force of 40+ CDL Class A or B certified drivers, that drive 1-2million miles per year. Provide support and ongoing operational and technical training for TL-D&S from level 2, 3, & 4 supply chain centers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Managethe Delivery &Service Department
- Lead the Team:
- Build a solid D&S team by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining quality team members
- Ensure all team members have the necessary tools to complete their jobs
- Manage turnover, monitor actions and provide input regarding team member relations, hiring decisions, promotions and pay increases, disciplinary actions and terminations
Conduct training, coaching, and feedback sessions, complete performance appraisals and make recommendations for pay increases
- Effectively resolve employee relations issues
- Develop D&S Supervisor for D&S Manager opportunity
- Develop plans, policies, and procedures for D&S department
- Attend and participate in Leadership & Development training sessions
- Manage safety/team/quarterly meetings
- In level 1 facilities, provide ongoing training for visiting TL-D&S from level 2, 3 & 4 facilities
- Investigate and document all accidents/injuries to determine preventability
- Perform other duties as assigned by Operations Manager and/or Director
- Prepare annual D&S department budget for Director-Supply Chain Center review and approval
- Manage and approve D&S department payroll
- Review cost statements to identify excessive expenses and make recommendations for cost containment
- Manage invoices from leasing company, audit and approve
- Manage overall performance of truck leasing company to ensure PM’s are met to Domino’s standard and repairs are completed timely
- Generate all D&S related reports, including backhauls and the weekly key indicator summary
- Routing, Scheduling and DOT Compliance:
- Manage driver schedules to ensure increased efficiency and lower costs
- Conduct continuous analysis of vehicle and driver assignments and analyze scheduling for possible consolidation
- Conduct daily dynamic routing
- Manage and be prepared for operational and transportation audits throughout the year
- Analyze proposed schedules and rates, initiate preparation and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes and submit analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to WRC Transportation team
- Conduct route analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Conduct route observations to ensure Drivers are safely performing their duties as required by company and DOT standards(The numbers of observations per period are determined by the number of drivers at the SCC)
- Monitor mis-deliveries and develop avoidance strategies
- Monitor driver hours of service via onboard computerized system
- Manage driver logs and paperwork
- Manage random drug testing and compliance
- Manage maintenance of driver qualification file
- Manage fleet image
- Performs regular Gemba walks
- Customer Service:
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships with franchisees, store managers and crew, leasing company, etc.
- Provide guidance to D&S team members on customer relations issues, and act as a role model for building and maintaining positive relationships
- Visit new store builds to determine delivery accessibility, and report findings to SCC Director
- May participate on the Transportation Advisory Board
- As needed, if qualified, drive company commercial vehicle or straight truck for deliveries or to leasing company for service/maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in distribution, logistics, retail, and transportation. For level 2, 3 & 4 facilities, some college plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the food, manufacturing, or retail industry
- 5-10 years of Transportation experience with a proven track record in logistics
- Minimum 5-7years supervisory experience with proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and team members
- Understanding of continuous improvement by utilizing 5S and Kaizen
- Detailed understanding of financial statements, P&L, EBITDA, and resulting cost implications
- Thorough working knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and compliance regulations
- Results-oriented with strong organizational, decision making and people skills •Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Availability to travel, as needed
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A would be a plus
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures [33-38 degrees], and in environments with exposure to loud machinery
We would like to acknowledge your hard work, and to ask for your commitment to stay with us by providing you with a $5,000.00 Join and Stay Bonus.
Bonus payment details: At the time of hire you will receive $5,000.00 in your first paycheck.