Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Investigate Team Member Relations issues and Promote a Positive Work Environment
- Conduct initial investigations of team member complaints, document findings, analyzes situation for potential liability, and forward to HR Manager or Legal as necessary.
- Review all involuntary terminations and support documentation with the HR Manager and Legal as necessary.
- Conduct research for current claims to include on site interviews, documentation retrieval, and governmental contacts (as necessary).
- Conduct proactive team member surveys, listening sessions, focus groups, and one-on-one discussions to promote positive work environment; analyze results and provide recommendations to Directors.
- Monitor and assist Director’s with action plans of team members.
- Ensure all criteria are being met to satisfy State/Provincial Employment & Common Law within supported centers
- Serve as point of contact in SCC’s to answer team member related questions around policies & practices at Domino’s
- Respond to and act as a conduit to HR WRC teams as it relates to team member needs by facilitating questions and following up on items (I.e. Leave of Absence, HR Transactions, ER Cases from Safety Hotline, Customer Care & Ethics Hotline)
- Conduct exit interviews w/ key team members & monitor & analyze key turnover trends
Other HR Activities - Compliance, Training & Recruiting
- Follow-up on drug testing compliance, motor vehicle re-run violations, new hire legal compliance, Alchemy, worker’s compensation issues, unemployment claims and DOT & DQ file reviews in partnership with Compliance Team
- Conduct regular HR Audits to monitor all HR activities; including recruitment practices, team member morale, HR poster compliance, wage and hour compliance, new hire processes and involuntary termination appropriateness
- Ensure compliance with training standards across centers supported
- Assist in the development and conduct/lead Human Resources education training classes and workshops (Team member Relations, Sexual Harassment, Positive Team member Relations, Diversity, etc.). Coordinate training classes, sites and attendees, track attendance and results. Provide feedback on classes to Organizational Development Team to continuously improve workshops and training classes.
- Conduct Interviews within region for key positions and assist Talent Acquisition as needed by helping hold leaders responsible to timely and accurate interview practices
- Facilitate development of ATL & Manager’s within SCCs in conjunction with L&D, Director-SCC & HR-Manager
- Maintain accurate lists of active team members and open positions within HRIS
HR Initiatives & Project Support
- Assist HR Manager on Regional Projects for SC Implementation and rollout in designated centers
- Lead implementation of new HR Initiatives in supported centers (I.e. Engagement Survey, Competencies, Flex Work)
- Support cyclical HR work within centers (I.e. Benefits Open Enrollment, Hourly HRP, Hourly PA’s)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field required
- 3-5 years HR generalist experience required (to include recruiting, team member relations, training, compensation and benefits, HRIS administration)
- Demonstrated and thorough understanding of employment law for regions supported
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required
- Outstanding motivation skills and positive attitude required
- Ability to influence management and work together to resolve issues involving team member relations.
- Ability to schedule, coordinate, and monitor multiple activities (“multi-tasking”) required
- Capability with PeopleSoft, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Travel is required – maximum 50%
This is a hybrid role after 90 days (the first 90 days is M-F in the center). After 90 days it will be required to be in the center 3 days a week.