Transportation – Assistant Team Lead *$2,500 Signing Bonus!
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, but at more than 19,000 stores worldwide (and more than 6,300 in the U.S. alone) … you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work. And we don’t have any plans of stopping any time soon.
So, how do we get food to all those stores? Well, that’s where you come in. We have more than 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, that provide fresh dough and other ingredients, to franchise and corporate owned Domino’s stores. In 2019 alone, these centers made more than 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Assist the D&S Manager with the supervision and coordination of delivery and service team members. Effectively and efficiently handle customer service complaints and concerns. Comply with federal, state, company policies, local laws, transportation programs and regulations. Train new team members in job duties. High comfort level working in a diverse, fast paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(80%) Assist Delivery and Service Manager in leading the D&S Team
• Recruit and interview new team members
• Train, coach and counsel team members
• Handle all driver concerns in Manager’s absence
• Assist with annual performance appraisals
• Make recommendations to Manager for pay increases
• Attend and participate in annual Leadership & Development training sessions
• Assist with coordinating safety/team/quarterly meetings
• Assist with all D&S generated reports
• Contribute to development of annual department budget preparation for Director-Supply Chain Center review and approval
Routing, Scheduling, Hours of Service, and Maintenance:
• Assist in weekly scheduling of driver routes and re-routing as necessary to ensure route coverage
• Conduct route analysis and recommend saving opportunities to Manager
• Monitor driver hours of service via onboard system
• Conduct route observations to ensure Drivers are safely performing their duties as required by company and DOT standards (The numbers of observations per period are determined by the number of drivers at the SCC)
• Perform payroll duties when necessary and review driver payroll for accuracy
• Assist in monitoring mis-deliveries, and make recommendations to Manager on avoidance strategies
• Assist in maintenance of driver qualification file
• Assist in the scheduling of truck maintenance and maintaining fleet image
• Assist in accident investigations
• Assist other supply chain centers when called upon
• Assist with D&S Manager with truck leasing meetings to ensure PM’s are met to Domino’s standard and repairs are completed timely
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Director
• Assist in answering Slice of Pie complaints
• Maintain positive customer relationships
• Customer Surveys
(20%) As needed, if qualified, drive company commercial vehicle or straight truck for deliveries or to leasing company for service/maintenance, and on occasion work the yard
- High School Diploma, some college hours, 2 year degree preferred
- 2-3 years of documented supervisory experience
- 2-3 years route scheduling experience
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Results-oriented with strong organizational, decision making and people skills
- Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
- Commercial Driver’s License Class A would be a plus
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs., perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in varied conditions both indoors/outdoors, including refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary
We would like to acknowledge your hard work, and to ask for your commitment to stay with us by providing you with a $2,500.00 Join and Stay Bonus.
Bonus payment details: At the time of hire you will receive $2,500.00 in your first paycheck.