Specialist Indirect Procurement
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This is a hybrid position - Tuesday - Thursday in office. Monday and Friday remote.
Overall responsibilities include strategic category management of specific indirect goods/services categories to be utilized throughout Domino’s & Domino’s Supply Chain Services. Develop/Initiate active management of designated indirect goods/services categories with values equal to or less than $5 million. Actively identify and develop plans to integrate new indirect goods/services categories, from local to national levels that can be centralized for procurement management. Negotiate cost savings that appropriately contribute to the functional goals of the Indirect Procurement Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop category strategies and business continuity plans for assigned categories
• Manage and develop supplier portfolio in accordance with aligned strategies, taking into account performance, risk and the need to maintain a competitive environment
• Formulate cost effective supply/serviced based strategies
• Drive value through productivity, enhanced services, untapped synergies and/or process improvements across all managed goods/services categories which contribute to the achievement of annual Procurement Department and Corporate savings goals
• Where applicable, plan, negotiate, and execute local to national contracts, ensuring the best quality, services and costs enabling the success for Dominos Supply Chain Service’s with overarching metric at parity or better than current
• Effectively communicate all program details from top down according to established
guidelines, policies, and protocols
• Continual tracking and management of all goods/services and cost drivers
• Establish relationships with suppliers who can provide goods/services that meet Domino’s specs, superior service and competitive prices
• Develop contacts with each supplier in all relevant areas (i.e. sales & technical) for special requests/assistance when needed
• Develop key relationships with internal stakeholders (both within and external to SCS) driving key category strategies and program execution
• Analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information
• Make necessary changes in the supplier bases when business cases dictate
- Bachelor’s degree required - preferably in Business, Procurement, or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience in purchasing activities (direct or indirect). Food service industry (or other applicable experience) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships
- Execute, prioritize, and drive multiple priorities while maintaining project deadlines and momentum
- Must have proven ability to pivot, reprioritize and execute independently.
- Proficient User of MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills with a methodical approach to problem solving
- Must be a Team Player
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.