Site Reliability Engineer
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Service Delivery (SD) Engineer serves as an infrastructure, business, and automation focused individual within the Domino’s Technology’s eCommerce department. This role possesses a mix of development, networking, security, and system administration skills, including troubleshooting and automation. The SD Engineer is required to provide developer support, application systems administration, guidance on integrations between code and infrastructure, aligning solutions to best practices. Working closely with developers, facilitating the development process by removing obstacles interfering with build and deployment capabilities, designing infrastructure requirements, and delegating them for fulfillment.
Duties and responsibilities:
(80%) eCommerce engineering
- Align to eCommerce programs and participate in plan and design phases of development
- Develop automation to install and operate applications with minimal manual intervention
- Provide developer support ongoing, frequently embedded in development teams to facilitate collaboration
- Create & maintain application architecture and troubleshooting documentation
- Operate as L3 in a traditional L1-L4 model, providing support to operational teams during major incidents
- Establish processes and documentation to support consistent delivery across program initiatives
(20%) Planning, Design and Implementation
- Design and implement new environments, services and application architecture modifications based on business and technical requirements from the eCommerce program directors
- Research, evaluate and implement operational improvements, application packages and architecture updates
- Participate in change control, release planning, and other operational planning pertaining to business deliverables
- Remain current on industry leading solutions in both private and public cloud hosting technologies
- Remain current on modern open-source persistence technologies and data stores
- Remain current on modern containerization technologies
- Remain current on cloud architectures to facilitate translation of requirements into design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years public facing production application support experience in high uptime / high transaction volume environment
- 5+ years UNIX administration experience including diagnosis of performance issues, package management, load estimation, kernel tuning, networking configuration, etc.
- 4+ years software engineering experience (Java, C, C++, Python, Go)
- Must have strong scripting skills
- Provisioning and configuration management knowledge with tools such as Terraform and Puppet
- Applied knowledge of CI/CD environment and tools such as Jenkins
- Applied knowledge of networking principles, including firewall rule logic and VLAN management
- Applied knowledge of cloud architectures, including provisioning and service operations
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytic skills
- Ability to work independently on large, complex projects with minimal guidance
- Must have experience using Infrastructure-as-code (IaC) to automate various aspects of site operations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.