SOC Analyst II
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Must have experience with security-related technologies including Active Directory, host-based firewalls, host-based intrusion detection systems, application whitelisting, server configuration controls, logging, SIEM, and monitoring tools, antivirus, and antivirus systems.
- Must have in depth, hands-on experience with security features and system administration of Linux, UNIX, and Windows operating systems.
- Must understand security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web and applications servers, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
- Experience or understanding of PCI, and SOX compliance standards. Experience analyzing new requirements and making security recommendations based on business objectives.
- Must have experience implementing and maintaining security controls and best practices.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and ability to cooperate with other business functions.
- +3 years of professional experience in systems administration, systems engineering, and/or TCP/IP network administration.
- +3 years of experience with a variety of commercial security-related contexts, including threat research, intelligence analysis, link analysis, vulnerability analysis, network and host security tools, incident response, digital forensics, malware analysis, cloud computing, virtualization, or mobile security.
- Technical knowledge of fundamental internet infrastructure and application layer protocols to include TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, etc.
- Ability to identify, research, characterize, and authoritatively communicate new emerging security threats across the security spectrum to include publication, presentation, and defining appropriate countermeasures for Dominos.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, in mid-size to large companies
Additional InformationThis position manages and monitors events and performance from host-based security products associated with the company's security controls. The SOC Specialist - Level 2 is an individual focused on Security and works to resolve security needs in a timely manner. These needs may involve investigating and responding to security threats escalated from the SOC group and making change requests to the security configuration and policy of Domino’s devices. Engineers will be the subject matter expert on the team for patching, application whitelisting, hardening, scanning and monitoring as well as security metrics for all security platform, related servers and services on Dominos network.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibility #1 (100%) Level 2 Specialist
- Handle incident, users, stakeholders, franchisees and customers’ requests and questions received via phone, e-mail, or an internal ticketing system in a timely and detail-oriented manner to resolve a multitude of information security related incidents. Interact with, configure, and troubleshoot SIEM platform, Endpoint systems and other related systems via proprietary and commercial consoles. Meet service level agreements regarding response time and client notification.
- Provide expert technical support during business hours and participate on an on call rotation (24x7x365 basis)
- Duties will include the research, design, test and recommendations of security controls for Domino’s server and storage infrastructure.
- Additionally, duties will require the evaluation, recommendation, and adjustment of work processes as necessary to correct adverse trends. SOC Analyst - Tier 2 must have extensive knowledge of industry accepted standards for system hardening and be able to tune systems to the extent practicable to prevent non-authorized personnel from accessing server infrastructure while ensuring full business functionality.
- Required to participate in troubleshooting efforts and must be able to perform technical writing, participate in briefings, as well as be a mentor for peer engineers and analysts.
- Perform proactive all-source research to identify and characterize new emerging threats, vulnerabilities, and risks based on Domino's security context.
- Interact with users, respond effectively to security issues, and understand Domino's threat context to inform emerging threat research. Use threat research to develop actionable intelligence to drive Domino's protection to include producing analysis to inform countermeasure development.
- Perform first-tier malware analysis using run-time analysis, comparative analysis, and reverse engineering tools.
- Produce actionable intelligence information for delivery to users in the form of support ticket responses, technical reports, briefings, and data feeds.
- Support SOC Security Analyst - Level 1 by providing intelligence in response to users, stakeholders, customers, and franchises escalations.
- Participate in advanced incident response and targeted threat hunting engagements, document findings, develop incident response remediation recommendations and present both orally and written reports for incident response.
- Collaborate with teammates to develop focused threat intelligence that improves our incident response capabilities, our proprietary technology, and protects our clients.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of competitive services, methodologies, and deliverables in the security marketplace.
- Provide timely support for advanced malware analysis and reverse Engineering escalations. Serve as a top subject matter expert in key elements of the practice (e.g., Forensics, malware analysis, security Technologies, etc.).
- Contribute to the identification of process inefficiencies and improvement of threat intelligence services, methodologies, or proprietary tools through short- to moderate-term projects.