Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The person in this role must be able to lead others to solve complex problems in the area of Food Safety/QA, by applying depth and breadth of expertise. They will ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory affairs & quality assurance requirements and regulations and oversee a large number of and complex SCCs across multiple and diverse regions. They will lead the development, implementation of the Domino’s Food Safety and Quality Management System internationally throughout Central, South America and Spain. They will provide expert guidance for food safety related issues for SCCs and lead continuous improvement initiatives based around core objectives and KPIs. They will also lead safety and store food safety initiatives, such as the Global SCC Standard. They will be leaned on in case of multi-region incidents and more complex projects, including new builds.
- Communicate and coach Supply Chain Center team members on all Domino’s policies and standards, and lead Quality/Food Safety related drills such as mock-trace exercises
- Oversee audit compliance internal and externally for all local, federal, and regulatory audits in the facilities the person oversees
- Maintain Food Safety and HACCP programs for all Domino’s facilities the person oversees and lead the implementation, roll-out, and audit program for the Global SCC Standard
- Lead the crisis management protocol (MIM) for Domino’s, including leading the FACTS process when incidents arise (especially if it is across regions) by working with suppliers and consulting with the Corporate Quality team as needed for Tier 2, 3 & 4 incidents
- Lead customer complaint reduction initiatives and manage/trend complaints/credits for the SCCs assigned
- Communicate and provide guidance to staff on domestic or international laws, guidelines, standards, regulatory changes and lead cross functional teams if solutions to regulatory/legislative issues must be developed
- Develop key metrics for SCCs and drive results within SCCs working with key stakeholders
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives/projects to drive results in line with the company’s KPIs/objectives
- Lead special projects for Supply Chain to drive KPIs
- Support new SCS optimization projects, including but not limited to leading support for new SCC builds and leading QA/FS validation when a new piece of equipment is installed.
- BS degree, preferred in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or related area or equivalent years of experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- 5-7 years of QA / Food Safety experience in the area of food manufacturing
- PCQI and HACCP certifications a must
- Excellent understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities and ability to apply knowledge strategically and tactically
- Strong experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
- Experience with FS/Quality Systems, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000 or other GFSI certification
- Working experience as auditor or auditee within an ISO based and/or GFSI based FSMS scheme
- Experience with QA/FS in diverse regions of Central American, South America and Spain
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, set goals, work independently, and be self-motivated
- Project management skills including the ability to prioritize and organize, create and assign action plans, verify completion of tasks and follow up
- Consistently skilled to highly-skilled on leaders of others leadership competency:
- Ability to understand, influence and drive results within cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate both internally and externally up to with facility/regional leaders
- Advanced computer proficiency in Windows based applications (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- You must be fluent in Spanish to be considered for this role
- Remote candidates should be in the EST, CST or willing to relocate to Ann Arbor, MI
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.