Lead Capital Project Engineer
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This position will lead Engineering efforts for our South Region of Supply Chain Centers (KY, LA, MO, TX). This person will lead asset installation / replacement projects in support of the assigned Region Supply Chain Centers. Will partner with Region Leader, site Directors, Maintenance Team Leaders, and other functional groups to execute projects and programs.
(60%) Lead Regional Engineering Activities
- Lead large scale regional engineering projects
- Support in the design and installation of new facility and production equipment
- Create and maintain project schedules, scope documents, progress reports, financial projections, meeting minutes, etc
- Develop cost estimates and budget requirements
· Develop vendor requirements and obtain quotes
- Control and monitor project budgets and spending against the approved funds
- Partner with vendors and internal Domino’s stakeholders to develop overall project strategy and identify critical path
- Manage contractors on site to ensure work is completed to the expectations and quality levels required
- Support Supply Chain Centers on smaller regional projects
(20%) Planning and Reporting
- Develop and execute 5 year region asset replacement plan
· Assist in the development and management of capital budgets
- Inspect facilities and equipment to determine need and extent for service, repairs, and/or replacement
- Support regional Maintenance Team Leaders with critical Key Performance Indicators
(20%) Additional Supporting Activities
- Quarterly Supply Chain Center visits
- Support regional Environmental Health and Safety and Quality initiatives
- Support regional Continuous Improvement efforts as necessary
- Develop regional vendor relationships (preferred contractors, vendors, etc.) with Procurement team
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Refrigeration, or Civil Engineering or Construction Management or similar degree or equivalent experience.
- Min 3-5 years of experience working in manufacturing or engineering rolls.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience managing contractors and vendors
- Experience in maintenance, refrigeration systems, and/or facilities is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong focus on accuracy
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, certifications a plus
- Experience with process layouts, production layouts and capital improvement projects is highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of state and local regulations governing engineering standards
- Able to travel up to 50% (as needed)
- Experience using applicable engineering software tools.
- Ability to quickly assess new technologies and identify applications.
- Ability to manage several complex issues concurrently
- Ability to influence others, build consensus, lead meetings, and resolve conflict
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and in a rapidly changing environment
- Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management and staff
- While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, see, and hear
Remote candidates living within driving distance to the following areas will be considered.
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Erlanger, KY
- Baton Rouge, LA
- St. Peters, MO
- Grand Prairie, TX
- Katy, TX
- Groveland, FL
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines