MAKE GREAT PIZZA — AND MORE — POSSIBLE
Be a part of the world's #1 Pizza company and watch your career grow!
Supervise and coordinate the activities of production team members engaged in the production of pizza dough. Effectively maximize production yield and minimize production waste. Monitor and manage all aspects of production operations in accordance with established company/industry standards and procedures. Ensure team members are trained in food safety and other job duties to maintain consistency throughout the production and dough handling process. Must have a comfort level working in a diverse, fast-paced environment
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(40%) Manage Production and Sanitation Area
- Develop production/operational goals based on actual and projected customer needs and investigate any cause and possible solutions to any problems reflected in the metrics.
- Complete daily production statistical reports, including pounds per labor hour, overtime, trays per hour, total trays, and total hours used, and manage the weekly schedule.
- Ensure GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices) are being followed and team members are wearing PPE when handling the product.
- Ensure team members are receiving proper training on dough production, proofing, temperature checks, checking dough ball weights, performing test bakes, and maintaining a dough library for every single day of production and using it as a reference for dough complaints.
- Interface with vendors and be responsible for collecting, recording, and reporting operational data
- Maintain a safe and positive work environment in compliance with OSHA, company standards, and local, state, and federal requirements. As the equipment is added or modified, review it is ergonomically suitable for all TMs, and proper L.O.T.O procedures are outlined and implemented.
- Ensure standardization of dough formula and make changes when instructed by QC.
- Order production supplies, flour, and sanitation materials
- Monitor and verify that Solo Chain and production ingredients are correct. Remove spoiled dough from Solo Chain and receive production raw ingredients into the system.
- Assist with the troubleshooting of dough issues that occur in the marketplace and periodically visit stores to check the quality of products.
- Conduct required test bakes per period and enter them in the Portal
- Maintain cost controls and prepare a budget for the Director
- Continually inspect the production area to verify that everything is operating properly. Submit work orders to maintenance for repairs and/or modifications needed on the equipment or safety related.
- Strategize and implement new ideas to improve manufacturing efficiency and, simultaneously, watch out for the safety and well-being of the TMs.
- Coordinate with other departments to achieve common goals and objectives
- Facilitate dough management classes for franchisees
- Coordinate with chemical vendors to ensure all correct chemicals are on-site
- Coordinate with oil and flour mill vendors to schedule loads to be delivered to the site
(60%) Manage Production & Sanitation Team Members
- Assign job tasks according to production schedule
- Coach team members who are not meeting their performance goals, and reward team members for good performance, complete performance appraisals on team members
- Ensure CCP (Critical Control Point) specific training is provided to the team members performing the metal detector checks.
- Follow progressive discipline according to guidelines with TMs not meeting expectations.
- Facilitate a five-minute team member meeting daily to keep the team members informed of safety precautions, performance, policies, etc.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train all new team members in various trainings, including safety and minimizing team member turnover.
- Ensure safety procedures are being observed and safety test are completed in a timely manner.
- As needed, fill in as production team member and perform tasks necessary to meet production goals (time spent in these activities does not exceed 15% of work time)
- Responsible for dough safety and dough quality - maintain dough certificationAttend Leadership and development training sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager and/or Director.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in distribution, manufacturing, and warehouse; some college plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the food, warehouse, manufacturing, or retail industry – Bilingual a plus
- 3-5 years of production, manufacturing, or retail experience, strong knowledge of bakery procedures, or having basic knowledge of food safety programs would be beneficial.
- Working knowledge of AIB or HACCP practices or certification would be a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Results-oriented with strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow-through skills
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Willingness to support a 24-hour operation: be on call, including carrying an emergency cellphone as needed.
- Must successfully pass a background check every third year on your anniversary date
- Availability to travel by air, as needed
Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift to 25 lbs. frequently, and 50 lbs. on an occasional basis, work in extreme temperatures [33-38degrees], and environment with exposure to loud machinery. Must be able to work around yeast and flour.
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Positive work environment
Benefits on first day of employment!
401k matching contributions
15% off the purchase price of stock