Franchise Business Consultant
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of practical store-level operations or consulting experience, ideally in the QSR industry
- Experience in a multi-unit environment, knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations and financial reporting
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking, with an ability to clearly articulate concepts and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements; strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work effectively with others at all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated and successful ability to lead, motivate, hold accountable, develop, direct and achieve target results for customer group, business unit or Franchise Partner(s).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and influencing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer skills, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Multilingual/Multicultural skills preferred
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 70% (overnight travel required)
This role is responsible to drive franchisee business results within assigned markets. The Business Consultant will provide leadership and coaching to franchisees to discuss the state of the business, goal setting and provide tactics to improve overall sales, profits, operations, ensure contractual compliance and adherence to our standards. This position also must be able to work cross-functionally and understand when/how to engage functional experts.
Ensure Franchisees obtain Business Excellence
- Accountable for owning the Franchisee relationship, achieving EBITDA targets, and driving/leading change for success.
- Achieve Market objectives in the areas of new unit store growth, sales and profitability by ensuring flawless execution of the market specific business plan.
- Identify strengths and gaps in franchise ability to execute strategic plan and market objectives
- Partner with Franchisees to develop insights using data, analytics, knowledge, and past experiences to drive short, medium, and long-term goals and business planning for their markets.
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional COE teams such as Marketing, Development, Supply Chain, Training and others to launch and achieve targeted results for business plans and initiatives.
- Deliver complex and/or difficult messages to franchise stakeholders across the business (Operations, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Plans field time appropriately to gain efficiencies and utilizes all systems and tools needed to execute highly effective in-market and virtual Franchisee visits
Operations execution & standards
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, upholding and enforcing consistent execution and delivery of company strategies to ensure food safety, menu compliance, trademark protection, standards, and Franchisee Agreements.
- Communicate and implement changes to standards, policies and contracts with Franchisees and follow up on all issues within the franchisee contract.
- Manage the variance recommendation process and franchisee compliance
- Partner with appropriate internal teams as it pertains to driving operational results as per company standards.
- Utilize store operations, Pulse and PWR knowledge to improve store operations
Provide franchisees with appropriate coaching, training, education and development tools
- Ensure franchisees have completed and implemented all current store level training programs.
- Responsible for the communication / training and follow up of all new product and process roll-outs in their region/markets.
- Assess training needs of assigned region/markets and partner with training to develop program to address any gaps identified
- Act as Operations expert and resource for information to the marketplace and sharing of best practices.
- Be an advocate for continuous team development and people growth
- Be a liaison between the Franchise and Training Department
- Coach and facilitate classes to above store level team members on all levels of human capital
Facilitate effective Business Planning Meetings
- Serve as primary operational support in all BPM/DMA meetings and conference calls.
- Understand and drive franchise understanding of marketing plans and initiatives.
- Partner with Marketing and franchisees with sales planning, SLM execution and activities.
- Coordinate with Marketing to facilitate BPM/DMA meetings that are tailored to DMA/Market/Region specific needs