Customer Service Manager
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Summary: This role is an integral part of the SCC management team and includes managing the administrative team and collaborating with both SCC and WRC departments to provide consistency in operations and financial performance throughout the supply chain center while meeting the needs of our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(65%) Supervise and manage the daily activities of the SCC Administrative team members who provide operational support to franchisees, store managers and interact with WRC accounting, product management and finance teams.
Financial – manage accounting activities to ensure SCC is in accordance with established financial controls and departmental targets:
· Accounts Receivable – ensure AR aging is reviewed and collection efforts are ongoing.
· Accounts Payable – ensure SCC adheres to separation of duties, three way matching, schedule of authorization and appropriate use of purchase orders.
· Review of inventory controls in Solochain
· Review of weekly keys and period results
· Provide reporting and communicate with the WRC Accounting and Finance teams
· Create and manage departmental budget to meet annual targets
· Manage weekly payroll functions
· Ensure that SCC follows record retention guidelines
HR/PeopleFirst – ensure that the needs of the team member and SCC are being met including:
· Oversee hiring process within the designated system (Smart Recruiters).
· Participate in interviews of team members for other departments as needed.
· Facilitate new team member hires including: recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and training.
· Maintain personnel, safety and accounting documents in accordance with company standards and retention policies
· Partner with PF/HR department in implementing human resources initiatives including; safety, wellness programs, benefit rollouts, compliance, etc.
Team member development
· Plan and prepare work schedules according to budget and workload
· Plan, develop and execute strategies for departmental improvement
· Pay-for-performance process with direct reports including: regular performance feedback sessions, semi-annual goal appraisal, annual formal performance appraisal, and pay recommendations
· Attend and participate in Leadership & Development training sessions
· Train end users in system functionality and functional processes
· Lead &/or perform special projects as required
(30%) Customer Service – team provides support for stores and franchisees to contribute to a
timely dispatch and order accuracy/fill rate.
· Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment
· Timely follow up and processing of credit requests
· Manage paperwork flow to drivers, including necessary COD collections and special instructions.
· Frequently evaluate tools in place to ensure there is a high level of communication between customer service, production and warehouse team members.
· Provide support to operational departments, facilitating quality deliveries and product pickups for customers
· Maintain and follow-up on store survey comments and current net promoter score (NPS)
· Maintain vendor item updates for customer’s (EFO) via the remote menu management system (RMM)
· Problem solve on issues that impact the service, efficiency, and productivity of the center
· Communicate with other team leaders and director to resolve work complaints and answer questions of customers regarding services and procedures
· Facilitate meetings with leadership and customers
· Coordinate all national product roll-outs, including updates and deliveries for store trainings
· Attend and present material at local Advisory Board meetings.
· Respond to Slice of the Pie complaints
· Create, maintain and distribute new customer orientation materials
· Communicate operational and product updates to customers
· Conduct product training classes for customers
· Develop and execute training/rollout schedule for new products
· Attend store manager and DMA meetings
· Coordinate customer tours of facility
· Coordinate product incident reports, Q/A holds and recalls as directed by Q/A department
· Collaborate with national school lunch team(Smart Slice) to insure accurate deliveries in accordance with to program guidelines
(5%) Manage office Administration functions as needed
· Maintain/Coordinate phone system and facility computer needs
· Facilitate staff meetings – set agenda, publish minutes
· Manage team member relation/appreciation program
· Work closely with the IT/IS departments to install and/or troubleshoots office and equipment concerns and issues
· Continuous learning of software systems including but not limited to: PeopleSoft, ATS, Solochain, Domicas, Pulse BOS, RMM, PeopleNet
· Work closely with the IT/IS departments to install and/or troubleshoot computer and equipment issues
- $64,600k + 10% BONUS
- Health, Dental & Vision - Start day one of employment
- 401k match after six months
- 15% off Domino's shares (DPZ)
- Tuition reimbursement
- So much more
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 year college degree plus equivalent work experience may be accepted. Preferably in the food, manufacturing, or retail industry
• 3-5 years customer service experience preferably in the food service, supply chain or retail industries
• 3-5 year’s supervisory experience with a proven ability to lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft office applications
• Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to customers and others
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
• Availability to travel, as needed
• Willingness to support a 24 hour operation (nights/weekends/holidays), including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
• Must successfully pass a background checks every third year on your anniversary date
• While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, frequently required to reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and rarely 50 pounds.
Domino's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a unified and inclusive environment. Our recruitment process is barrier-free, and we will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by Domino's regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Domino's is committed to an inclusive environment where our exceptional people are respected and celebrated for their time, talents, and energies while striving to make our company the best pizza delivery company in the world.