Technical Delivery Manager
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Technical Delivery Manager is a key player in delivering high-value solutions to our internal and external customers. This position is responsible for planning, leading, and delivering the change initiative to implement SAP S4 HANA integrated with legacy and cloud-based line-of-business systems across a multi-year journey starting with Order to Ship and Warehouse Management modules. As a seasoned Project Manager, this individual will provide project leadership by leveraging previous experiences and strong standards and processes to be utilized across the Enterprise Systems teams. This individual drives the collaboration with and across the business area(s), Domino’s technology team members, and technology vendors to ensure that all project participants are effectively communicating and executing tasks as specified in the project plan. This role does not have direct reports but does lead a group of cross-functional resources to meet clearly defined system objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and gain approval for detailed delivery plans of various initiatives based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risks, assumptions, staffing plans, other costs, and ongoing operational plans and cost).
- Supports the development of strategic plans for programs/projects of high complexity.
- Accountable for the accuracy of estimates produced, and the on-time, quality delivery of business and technical capabilities across multiple products.
- Apply various product deployment methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.) to achieve business value, deploy capabilities, and meet stakeholder commitments.
- Manage the contracts of system integrator and other 3rd party vendors (fixed price, T&M) for delivery of the statement of works, working with our Procurement team through negotiations and contract performance.
- Responsible for engaging and leading Customer (Store / Franchise operations), Business, and IT teams to ensure alignment of all deliverables during project execution. Escalate to remove roadblocks for the teams as needed while proactively managing expectations.
- Lead the project team through constraints of schedule, budget, and assigned resources to deliver against the committed scope for each delivery iteration.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define performance standards and project success criteria and clearly communicate those goals to all teams; review progress toward those goals on a regular basis; establish specific metrics that the team should gather and report; hold teams accountable for achieving delivery goals.
- Monitor metrics for significant deviations in quality, cost, or schedule to ensure project deliverables are compliant with quality standards.
- Ensure that development and delivery risks are identified, tracked, and communicated with project team, leadership, and other stakeholders on a regular basis and, where possible, implement mitigation strategies. Escalate risks to leadership as appropriate if there are indications that targets will not be reached. Coordinate dependencies and assess risks across multi-team engagements.
- Facilitate tracking and communicating of post-delivery benefits across the product portfolio.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, business administration, business operations, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience planning, leading, organizing, and motivating teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in line with program standards.
- 4+ years of experience in delivering SAP projects, including SAP S/4 HANA.
- 4+ years of experience in delivering warehouse management and order fulfillment capabilities in complex distribution and/or manufacturing businesses.
- Expertise in software delivery using various project methodologies in a fast-paced environment that include internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and presentation skills (in facilitating and leading executive-level steering committees, project, and team meetings).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to manage expectations and issues effectively and establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Experience working in a hybrid software development environment with both onshore and offshore project teams which comprise business analysts, developers, architects, quality assurance, organizational change management, and Business and IT product owners.
- Skills and ability to promote empowerment of the team, to ensure each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and to encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; to manage several projects/iterations at once; to remain composed in pressure situations adapting quickly to change.
- Knowledge of common software delivery methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban) and an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each methodology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office business applications (especially Excel and PowerPoint), JIRA, and Confluence.
- Experience implementing SAP OTS, WM and/or EWM at multiple warehouses is preferred.
- Experience with back-office systems such as HR, Finance, and Supply Chain.
- Understanding of SaaS application architecture and deployments is a plus.
- Understanding of technical concepts, including the front-end, back-end, and cloud hyper-scalers (AWS / Azure / Google Cloud) is a plus.
- PMP, Agile, or other program/project management certifications strongly preferred
- Ability to travel: 10%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.