Financial Analyst Program Leader
Job DetailsDomino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Finance/Accounting with emphasis on FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; CPA, CMA, or MBA is a preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with management reporting
- Substantial experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Power BI and SQL a plus.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and accounting principles
- Excellent decision and organizational skills; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Presentation skills
The Program Leader-Financial Analyst will serve as a crucial business partner across several aspects of their supporting business function to enable informed decision making. The role supports the period and quarterly close process through internal reporting and analysis of financial results. This role drives the annual budget process, ongoing forecast, and the analysis and reporting of key business metrics.
Leads analysis needed to grow financial performance including
- Lead strategy planning and forecasting process for support area investments, soliciting input from key stakeholders on needs and objectives, help drive prioritization across investments
- Provide recommendations to business support leadership on important opportunities and issues. Be a resource to support teams to help measure the financial impact of key decisions.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis as requested by Director and VP
- Determine best course of action to complete analysis and resources needed
- Summarize results and provide recommendations
- Champion best practice-sharing across major initiatives, leveraging project management skills to ensure change management efforts are set up for success
- Work jointly with cross-functional teams and finance colleagues to identify innovative opportunities for business process improvements and streamlining existing activities. Make recommendations on improvements and lead implementation.
- Actively promote communication across key stakeholders accountable for company initiatives, including with other senior function leaders and finance colleagues to ensure transparency to important decisions and create efficiency in implementation/execution of them
Responsible for Operating and Capital budgets
- Lead annual budget development process
- Review financial reports to ensure departments are within established budgets (labor, travel, professional fees, etc.). Regularly report department progress against budget, noting any significant outages immediately.
- Provide updates to divisional forecasts as needed.
- Design the budget process from the operating plan to the financial budget to the Leadership Team review and approval and then to tying budget standards to actual performance
- Ensure the financial, operational, and capital goals of the company are reflected in the financial budget.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and adhere to Company policy and procedures. Ensure there are no significant deficiencies or material weaknesses, as defined by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Internal Financial Reporting & Communication
- Support period and quarterly close process through P&L variance analysis and the preparation of key trend reports for senior leadership
- Prepare financial reports, presentations and support materials for board meetings and narratives
- Create an environment that enables informed decisions through clear and effective communication of financial information