International Marketing Manager (Singapore or Dubai)
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
The International Marketing Manager will be located in Singapore or Dubai and provide marketing consulting to Domino’s international Master Franchisees to influence strong marketing strategies in all markets to grow and protect the brand while enforcing and educating on brand guardrails and principles. Team member responsibility is at market/master franchisee level, not at store level and therefore must have experience setting strategies, building plans, and ensuring execution. This individual will report to the Marketing Director or Manager of the respective region.
- Educate and consult markets on creating marketing strategies based on the “Domino’s way” of doing marketing, retail, sales, and profit focus with long-term growth in mind.
- Educate markets on the use of the Domino’s Brand Portal, focusing strongly on the Global Brand Positioning with the intention to drive brand consistency across the world.
- Educate the master franchisees to make disciplined marketing decisions based on data, facts, and consumer research.
- Provide access to tools and educate markets with such tools around pricing, brand positioning, product development, menu optimization, communication and media selection and allocation (digital and non-digital).
- Team member will educate markets on brand actions around defining, protecting, and growing the brand.
- Inspire markets with case studies that reinforce brand principles and guidelines.
- Consult markets on key topics such as pricing, brand positioning, product development, menu optimization, communication and media selection and allocation (digital and non-digital).
- Drive increased effectiveness and consistencies of franchisee marketing programs across the region by consulting on the design and optimization of their calendar planning, campaigns, advertising, and media strategy.
- Consult with markets in tracking KPIs for critical metrics based on global benchmarks and suggests ways to reach said KPIs
- Facilitate consulting with digital COE on topics including but not limited to optimization of owned e-commerce platforms (OLO, mobile, app), performance media (display, affiliate, paid social, SEM, and others), and image-driving media (owned, display, social, etc.). Ensure digital plan is connected to broader marketing plan and that brand principles are followed.
- Demonstrate marketing leadership skills with franchisee marketing teams and wider business.
- Provide consulting on how to best use data and insights to drive internal alignment within the business and externally with sub-franchisee partners where applicable.
- Help franchise marketing partners build use cases for consumer research investments.
- Support markets in translating consumer insights into actionable marketing strategies.
- Act as a thought partner to markets and cross-functional team members (matrix organization structure)
- Manage collection, analysis and communication of best practices related to marketing calendar management and marketing activity.
- Develop DPI assessment reports for all markets.
- Lead and develop global tools, processes, principles, guardrails, and guidelines that are relevant not only for the specific markets or region the consultant is responsible for but also for the broader international community.
- Ensure that the Domino’s brand is positioned in a clear, consistent, and concise manner in international markets, while allowing for initiative and entrepreneurial freedom tied to the local consumer needs and wants
- Active and integral member of the wider DPI Marketing community and collaborator to thought leadership programs at the center that support in evolving the role of international marketing within the organization.
- Facilitate the creation and sharing of global case studies and benchmarking working closely with country leadership teams in the region as well as cross-functional DPI teams. The development of case studies should serve as a conduit to career development and exposure to leadership.
- Facilitate the gathering of key KPIs and documentation from master franchisees to report back to COEs to create and feed specific tools.
- Leverage available tools to validate all the elements of the Domino’s Consumer Value Equation
- Facilitate conversations and discussions not only with the master franchisees’ marketing teams but also the C-suite team.
- Monitor execution of marketing plans and share best practice from the Domino’s ecosystem, the category, and other categories
- Monitor overall e-commerce KPIs and monetization of digital programs.
- Align on key market priorities with relationship owner and work collaboratively with other COEs.
- Team member will not execute on behalf of the markets and will not manage vendors on their behalf.
- Work collaboratively with business teams to identify marketing priorities at the master franchisee and market level
- Share market knowledge and learning with cross-functional counterparts.
- Develop and drive holistic business solutions that touch multiple departments and drive meaningful change.
- Ensure that marketing solutions do not create undue stress on other business lines.
- Be the “voice of the consumer” in discussions with other departments.
- Model cross-functional working behaviors with digital, A&I, and business partners.
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of increasingly responsible marketing experience; Ideally in a restaurant or QSR industry or franchise and experienced in a multi-market capacity (other potential considerations: automotive experience with corporate and dealer experience, as well as CPG)
- Mandarin speaking preferred
- Experience developing and writing holistic marketing strategies
- Experience in consulting and P&L ownership is a plus
- Knowledge with multi-channel optimization of advertising spend –with an emphasis on digital know-how, product development, advertising development, agency management, sales analysis, and research
- Comfortable using data to provide sound factual recommendations
- Strong academic credentials, preferably an MBA and a second language
- International experience/understanding
- C-suite outstanding communication skills
- Proven ability to succeed when working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment with a strong ability to build relationships that help drive the brand agenda.
- Comfortable in an influencing role and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to travel up to 30-60% within region and internationally, depending on business needs
This role can sit in Dubai or Singapore