Industrial Maintenance Technician
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 14,000 stores worldwide (5,800 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 14,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 16 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2014 alone, these centers made 571,000 deliveries.
Certificates, Licenses, Regulations (Preferred)
- EPA REFRIGERATION CERTIFICATION (Type II or Universal) Federal requirement – Team Leader or Maintenance Tech Servicing or Handling Refrigeration equipment
- Hazardous Materials Certification (Minnesota only)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proactive and self-motivated, have the ability to evaluate and repair all types of mechanical and electrical equipment and is able to perform under extreme stress when there is equipment failure. Core Competencies should include:
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Basic Maintenance skills
- HS Diploma, and/or Technical School Training two years, and/or 3 to 4 years related experience, and/or licensed journeyman of a skilled trade.
- Basic level computer skills for word processing and spreadsheets
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical and electrical schematic diagrams
- Effectively present information to peers, upper management and team members in oral and written form
- Define problems and draw conclusions
- Interpret technical instructions and diagrams
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The team member is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, explosion, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high. The team member must have a strong safety awareness to insure a safe and healthy work place.
Domino's Supply Chain Center is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team. This position requires the technical skills to design, evaluate, troubleshoot, repair and install production equipment. Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, and Computer Controls are skills are required. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance of a distribution and manufacturing facility including: preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repairs, installation of machinery relating to food processing equipment, physical structures, mechanical and electrical systems. In addition, the Maintenance Technician must possess an awareness and understanding of how to work safely on mechanical and electrical equipment in a production environment.
388 million pounds of dough, 532,000 orders, and 22 million miles have been racked up providing support for the retail stores and you can help us keep it going.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(40%) Inspect, test, troubleshoot, repair and install machinery and equipment
- Monitor equipment to detect malfunctions
- Discuss machine operation variations with supervisor or other team members to diagnose problems and repair machines
- Install, repair or replace electrical devices such as transformers, relays, circuit breakers, starters, and safety and limit switches
- Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Install, program and troubleshoot automated machinery and Programmable Logic Controllers
- Install, troubleshoot and repair refrigeration and Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment
- Service and repair material handling equipment
- Monitor main electrical panel and troubleshoot as necessary
- Repair and maintain boilers, water heaters, water conditioning equipment, and all water distribution systems
(20%) Follow established preventative maintenance guidelines
- Perform all necessary maintenance and update logs as necessary
- Report major problems to supervisor
(10%) Maintain building through painting, repairing minor structural problems, and other repairs as necessary
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment
- General maintenance repairs of office and building
(20%) Ensure proper adherence to all safety and government guidelines
- Identify safety issues with machines; document issues; develop action plan to resolve concern; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Monitor machines to ensure all levels are within EPA, OSHA, and other government guidelines; develop action plan to resolve issue if not; follow-up to ensure problems are resolved
(10%) Miscellaneous duties
- Assist in the control and scheduling of projects
- Monitor inventory and order parts as necessary
- Monitor energy usage and provide recommendations on better usage