Lead Buyer (Food)
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Overall responsibilities include strategic purchasing of specific food/menu items to be distributed to the Domino’s Pizza stores. Fulfill the Company’s needs regarding optimal strategic positions regarding product quantity, quality, and time needed at the most favorable economical conditions for the Company, in accordance with established company purchasing policies and procedures. Negotiate cost savings that appropriately contribute to the functional goals of the Product Management Team.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(80%) Negotiate Savings and Manage Supply for Assigned Food Commodities
- Manage designated commodities with a value over $ 10 million of mid-range to high range complexity
- Formulate cost effective supply base strategies
- Identify and select suppliers to procure highly technical commodities meeting criteria of price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates and places orders
- Manage and develop the supplier portfolio in accordance with agreed strategy, taking into account performance, risk and the need to maintain a competitive environment
- Determine optimal end to end execution from production to supplying truck loads on all assigned commodities.
- Manage All Sourcing Calendar Functions as they apply to Product Category Responsibilities, utilizing a combination of on-line and traditional sourcing processes
- Plan, negotiate, and execute national contracts, ensuring the best quality, service and cost enabling our Franchisee’s to be the most competitive and successful as possible
- Effectively communicate all program details from top down according to established guidelines, policies, and protocols
- Contribute to the achievement of annual Department and Corporate savings goals
- Continual tracking and management of all commodities and cost drivers
- Accurate and timely reporting of all scheduled and requested category data to all levels of internal management
- Establish relationships with suppliers who can provide products that meet Domino’s specs, superior service and competitive prices
- Develop contacts with each supplier in all relevant areas (i.e. sales & technical) for special requests/assistance when needed
- Analyzes departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information
- Maintain ESP Supplier rating process and achieve continuous improvement in supplier performance in all areas of the Business relationship
- Make necessary changes in the supplier bases when business cases dictate
- Maintain relationships with all existing suppliers ensuring consistent prices, quality and service
- Continually seek to identify and reduce or eliminate process and system costs
(20%) Provide ongoing Product Management and Market-related communication to all Supply Chain groups
- Communicate market changes, cost changes and upcoming promotions to Supply Chain Product Management, Finance and Central Inventory Management.
- Provide recommendations whenever possible regarding purchasing.
- Project numbers whenever possible regarding ordering of new items for promotions
- Centrally manage inventories of both Suppliers and Supply Chain Centers, recommending production quantities
- Assist CIM team with inventory balancing when necessary
- Provide market forecasts on commodity driven categories to enable financial benefits from cost avoidance purchasing strategies.
- Bachelors Degree - preferably in Business, Purchasing, or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum 7 to 10 years experience in purchasing food and packaging items for the food service industry.
- Able to think linear, sequential and holistic.
- Works well in a tactical environment and excels in process driven success.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Manage internal and external relationships.
- Spreadsheet and Word Processing Software Experience. (MS Office a plus).
- Long-term oriented, and an aggressive negotiator
- Strong analysis skills
- Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be a Team Player.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.