Yard Driver/Shuttle Driver
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries. Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
The Delivery Team Member shuttles trailers from Cambridge to Kingston. All team members are expected to follow all safety rules, policies and procedures and work in a safe manner at all times.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES **
(70%) Moving and Operation of Tractor/Trailer
· Shuttle trailers from Cambridge to Kingston
· Ensure that trailers loaded with refrigerated product, i.e., cheese or chicken, are at adequate temperature
· Communicate with domicile drivers & D&S team regarding ETA and/or any challenges
· Reposition tractor/trailers in the yard to and from docks
· Shuttle tractor/trailers to and from vendors (Ryder/Penske)
· Take trailers to be washed and cleaned
· Assist with backhauls
(30%) Complete Necessary Paperwork
· Responsible for assisting in verifying and securing load prior to dispatch
· Ensure you have required safety equipment before dispatch
· Assist in pre-trip and post-trip safety vehicle inspections at every stop
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be at least 23 years of age
· Must have valid AZ license
· Must have a clean driving record/abstract
· Experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment preferred
· Experience in dealing with customers face to face with positive outcomes
· Able to work in all types of weather
· Work within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
· Must have proof of at least 2 years verifiable experience
· No reportable accidents in the past 36 months (3 years)
· No more than 2 moving violations in the past 36 months (3 years)
· No drug or alcohol related driving offenses in the past 10 years
· Must be able to work in refrigerated conditions [2 – 5 C degrees]
At Domino's, we are a brand of honesty, transparency and accountability and we want exceptional people like you to join our team! We have continued to prove we “Put our People First” by making sure our work environment is safe and provides stability for you as a team member. The brand continues to deliver the “Power of Possible” to local Domino’s store owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores!