AZ Shunt Driver - $26.00/hr
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, but at more than 19,000 stores worldwide (and more than 6,300 in the U.S. alone) … you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work. And we don’t have any plans of stopping any time soon.
So, how do we get food to all those stores? Well, that’s where you come in. We have more than 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, that provide fresh dough and other ingredients, to franchise and corporate owned Domino’s stores. In 2019 alone, these centers made more than 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Reposition company commercial tractors and trailers on designated non-highway areas [the yard] to include backing trailers to dock doors. May be required to shuttle tractor/trailer to and from logistic/lease companies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Moving and Operation of Tractor/Trailer
- Walk the yard to identify and document [in the DVCR booklet] vehicle defects. Communicate maintenance needs to D&S Team Leaders [Daily]
- Obtain tractor/trailer list from D&S, record odometer, hub readings and engine hours from equipment, and send to lease company [Weekly]
- Ensure trailers loaded with refrigerated product, i.e., cheese, chicken, etc. are at adequate temperature
- Ensure Warehouse Team Members have trailers to unload and/or load
- Assist with the unloading of trailers when necessary
- Reposition tractor/trailers on the yard to and from docks
- Comply with Domino’s Chock, Safety Cone and Dock Signal Light policy
- Shuttle tractor/trailers to and from logistic supplier
- Take trailers to be washed and cleaned
- Assist with backhauls
- May be assigned to assist Drivers on a designated route(s) to unload product to Domino's stores
- Listen to and timely assist management and Drivers
- Required to always wear and follow Domino’s uniform standards
- Attend scheduled safety, team meetings and training sessions
- Follow all local, provincial, federal and Domino's safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Attend classroom instruction facilitated by the Delivery and Service Team Leader which covers Domino’s Chock, Safety Cone and Dock Signal Light Policy, Accident Procedure Policy, and any other pertinent policy and/or instruction information.
Complete Necessary Paperwork
- Maintain DVIR booklets
- Comply with MTO log regulations
- Accountable for the vehicle and product
- Clock in and out in time keeping and People Net system
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Six months of verifiable CMV driving experience, one year preferred
- Must have valid AZ Driver’s License
- Must always meet the defined MVR standards to remain qualified to drive company commercial motor vehicle
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends, holidays, as well as a short notice on occasion
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift to 50 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion, perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], outdoor weather [rain, sleet, heat, snow, etc.], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary.
At Domino's, we are a brand of honesty, transparency and accountability and we want exceptional people like you to join our team! We have continued to prove we “Put our People First” by making sure our work environment is safe and provides stability for you as a team member. The brand continues to deliver the “Power of Possible” to local Domino’s store owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores!