Production Shift Leader
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 14,000 stores worldwide (5,800 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 14,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 16 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2014 alone, these centers made 571,000 deliveries.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of manufacturing or bakery experience
- One year of shift lead experience with sound effective communication skills
- Maintain forklift certification
- Some knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work in production/warehouse environment with constant exposure to loud machinery
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures, both indoors and outdoors
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion
Domino’s Supply Chain Services, the food manufacturing and distribution division of Domino’s, is seeking a Production Shift Leader. This position assists the Production Team Leader with the coordination of team members engaged in the production of pizza dough in accordance with established company/industry standards and procedures. The position will also be responsible for assisting the production sanitation team with the break down, cleaning, and reassembly of the production equipment. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of production or manufacturing experience and 1 year of experience in a shift leader role. Bakery experience preferred.
The Production Shift Leader will be an active participant in the training and coaching of new/tenured team members in job duties, responsibilities, and safety. This position will also be engaged in the physical tasks necessary to meet production goals.
The shift leader will have a rotating schedule and the hours typically range from 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm (sometimes ending at midnight).
What to expect from Domino's:
- Competitive starting wages
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Health, Dental and Vision-Starting day 1 of employment
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401k with company match after 6 full months of employment
- Professional and supportive management
- 15% Discounted share purchases