Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Hybrid Role - On site Tuesday-Thursday, Remote on Monday and Friday
The Litigation Paralegal will be responsible for all aspects of litigation support, including, but not limited to, communication with attorneys, employees, franchisees, insurance companies, third party claims administrators, witnesses, and experts; drafting documents, including correspondence, discovery, disclosures, and other pleadings; experience with court filing systems and federal, state, and local rules of practice.
Responsibilities And Duties
Provide Legal Department Support:
- Coordinate and prepare communications relating to litigation with outside counsel, insurance carriers, other departments within the company, and other third parties.
- Assist in the maintenance of litigation files.
- Collect and organize relevant documents, information, and data for attorney review and case preparation
- Manage discovery, subpoenas, and other document requests. Compile responsive information and records.
- Work with form documents to complete for attorney review and follow established procedures for managing certain legal department matters.
- Perform research for litigation or other purposes by gathering relevant information and documents, under direction, or by compiling legal data from sources such as computer databases, digests, etc.
- Monitor incoming pleadings, discovery, and other case-related documents
- Maintain calendar and manage deadlines, ensuring that attorneys are aware of deadlines
- Conduct general legal research.
- Assist in compiling information and drafting responses to agency requests, garnishments, and subpoenas.
- Perform special projects at the request of attorneys and other members of the legal department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provide Collection Activity Support
- Assist in efforts to recover money owed the company by employees, franchisees and other third parties. Responsible for communication, under the supervision of department attorneys, with collection law firm and maintaining database of collection activities.
- Compile information and documents needed for collection efforts.
- Assist with drafting certain documents and pleadings for attorney review and follow established procedures for managing collection matters.
- Responsible for intake, processing, and coordination of payment of invoices received from law firms and vendors. Work with the accounts payable department to ensure timely payment.
- Participate in scheduling depositions, coordinate witness preparation time, schedule meetings for attorneys, and prepare reports,
- Maintain database of litigation activity and have primary responsibility for preparing litigation activity reports.
- Create and manage certain department files.
- Schedule and maintain calendars.
- Bachelors' degree required with additional paralegal degree or certification
- At least 5+ years of litigation paralegal experience
- Trial experience preferred
- Proven ability to use analytical skills and judgment to create practical alternatives and solutions to legal issues.
- Strong technical skills, and experience implementing process automation by partnering with technical (IS) resources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and ability.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Resourceful research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple projects, and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, and Excel.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.