Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
The Business Manager is responsible for driving Master Franchisee’s business results within assigned region/market(s). The Business Manager will provide support, leadership, and coaching to franchisees at functional management up to C-suite level on the state of the business, goal setting guidance on both growth and protect the brand initiatives. This position also must be able to work collaboratively in a cross-functional capacity across a matrix organization, understanding when/how to engage functional experts in a timely manner.
40% Business Consulting:
- Accountable for managing the Franchisee relationship, achieving Sales, EBITDA and Development targets, and driving/leading change for success.
- Achieve Regional objectives in the areas of new unit store growth, sales and profitability by ensuring flawless execution of the market specific business plan.
- Lead the overall Business Planning Process for Business Assessment, Business Review, Planning and calibrations, meeting throughout the year to ensure cross functional collaboration internally with COEs as well as externally with franchisees for ongoing business improvement efforts.
- Identify strengths and gaps in franchise ability to execute strategic plan and market objectives.
- Partner with Franchisees to develop insights using data, analytics, knowledge, and past experiences to drive short, medium, and long-term goals and business planning for their markets.
40% Account Management
- As relationship owner, act as first point of contact for the Master Franchisee organization.
- Partner with COEs to provide strategic guidance and coach franchisees on market priorities and tactics for change and improvement across the business (Operations, Technology, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, etc.) and achieve targeted results for business plans and initiatives.
- Plan field time appropriately to gain efficiencies and utilizes all management systems and tools needed to execute highly effective in-market and virtual Franchisee touchpoints with DPI Engagement Model as framework of reference.
- Responsible for a consistent communication cadence (written, in-person, virtual) with market(s).
20% Business execution & standards
- Responsible for understanding, interpreting, upholding and enforcing consistent execution and delivery of company strategies to ensure food safety, menu compliance, trademark protection, standards, and Franchisee Agreements.
- Communicate and implement changes to standards, policies and contracts with Franchisees and follow up on all issues within the franchisee contract in partnership with legal.
- Work with COEs and manage the variance process and ensure franchisee compliance.
- Be familiar with Pulse, PWR Reporting, Domino’s Connect, PieNet and Learning resources to be able to provide guidance to franchisees to improve business results.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of work experience, within a regional or multinational organization.
- Experience in a multi-unit environment, knowledge of retail, F&B, or QSR Industry
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements; strong analytical skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to build solid relationships and work effectively with others at all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including public speaking, with an ability to clearly articulate strategy, concepts and programs to a variety of audiences
- Self-starter with the ability to set their own agenda and deadline, capable of driving multiple workstreams both as an individual contributor and as a leader in cross-functional taskforce
- Demonstrated and successful ability to lead, motivate, hold accountable, develop, direct and achieve target results for customer group, business unit or Franchise Partner(s)
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% (overnight travel required)