Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
This position is responsible for the successful management of their assigned production equipment vendors and construction contractors during new supply chain centers builds, supply chain center relocations and/or supply chain center expansions within the Domino’s Supply Chain Division. This position will work with internal project stakeholders and external project leads to ensure the successful delivery of Domino’s Supply Chain capacity projects.
Project Planning and Process Improvement
- Fully manage assigned vendors including defining project scope, participating in RFP processes, acquiring vendor quotes, creating & maintaining project budget & timelines, managing vendor PO’s & invoices, equipment design, equipment installation, construction, commissioning, and punch list close out.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure production equipment design/installation and building construction complies with internal standards and specifications.
- Partner with various Dominos departments (such as Procurement, Quality, PMO and Finance) to successfully complete Domino’s capacity projects on time and within budget.
- Define project scope, analyze necessary resources, estimate time and financial commitment needed for successful project completion.
- Understand external factors that may impact the project timeline by researching local, state and federal ordinances and collaborating with internal departmental resources.
- Lead project team (both internal and external) and ensure accountability of assigned tasks.
- Define, schedule and accurately estimate project task durations to develop and maintain a realistic schedule.
- Ensure vendors adherence to published timelines and help formulate contingency plans to course correct if necessary.
- Update all project stakeholders on project status through regular communication (i.e. onsite reports, periodic project update meetings).
- Seek feedback/lessons learned from stakeholders and team members regarding the project plan and progress.
- Consistently measure and communicate project progress to leadership.
- Accurately document project plans using PM tools.
- Document all plans, communications, change orders, etc. so information is accessible in the future.
- Manage the flow of communication and messaging regarding new center builds through onsite reports and periodic project update meetings.
- Work with site coordinators and general contractors to plan and coordinate all phases and aspects of the construction process including working with various Dominos Departments including but not limited to hiring contractors, resolving issues, working with engineers, architects, vendors and local building authorities.
- Manage the timeline of assigned new center builds ensuring that internal stakeholders are looped in at appropriate times.
- Issue project reports and construction status updates on a set cadence to appropriate levels of the organization.
- Ensure that all local, state and federal ordinances are adhered to throughout all phases of the project.
- Oversee vendor contractors assigned to each new center site.
- Continuously review design documents and ensure that assigned project timelines are met, and contingency plans are in place.
- As necessary, collaborate with various departments on the coordination of permitting from federal, state and local entities.
- Anticipate regional concerns/issues and potential roadblocks.
- Maintain continuous knowledge of job site expenditures/back charges/change orders for assigned projects/vendors.
- Participate in trade pre-construction meetings with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Update, track, and document remediation of punch list items through completion of project.
- Ensure that each site obtains a certificate of occupancy and other government approvals.
- Travel to job site as needed.
Additional Supporting Activities (15%)
- Supply Chain Center visits
- Lead or support other functional projects as necessary.
- Develop vendor relationships (preferred contractors, vendors, etc.)
- Model future activities and associated financials
- Consult Master Franchisees on international supply chain projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Project Manager within the engineering or construction industry. Work in Food manufacturing is a plus.
- Knowledge of construction management processes and best practices including software packages.
- Forward thinking with the ability to understand impacts of SCC across a national and international system.
- Knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards.
- Ability to deal with conflict and urgent situations gaining consensus while pushing towards goals.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- AutoCAD skills are preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly developed project management finance skills are required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with all design, architectural, and engineering professionals.
- Adept at problem solving and creative thinking.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, and ladders.
- Must be able to work in outdoor/indoor temperature extremes.
- Travel up to 50% or more will be required.