Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 80% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
We are seeking dedicated Infrastructure Engineers to join our dynamic team. You will engage with diverse, cross-functional teams to design, implement, and support innovative solutions tailored to the needs of both our Domestic and International business units, along with our partners and customers. Your role will also encompass conducting proof-of-concept tests, gathering technical requirements, creating documentation and diagrams, implementing activities, and maintaining the vast Domino's ecosystem. Your focus areas will range from Routing, Load-Balancers, Firewall, Proxy, Azure Cloud, Meraki to other key network hardware platforms across our enterprise.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Infrastructure Engineering (50%)
- Engage in productive conversations with customers and IT staff through regular meetings and conference calls to identify opportunities and devise appropriate technical solutions.
- Conceptualize, develop, and document models, plans, diagrams, illustrations, and procedures to enhance our engineering activities and network-related business initiatives.
- Offer informed hardware requirement recommendations and configurations to business managers and customers.
- Lead the research, evaluation, acquisition, installation, and testing of network hardware for various components of our infrastructure.
- Conduct comprehensive site surveys, system evaluations, technology analyses, and hardware assessments.
- Partner with Infrastructure leadership and other teams to design, engineer, recommend, and plan technical projects addressing network reliability, performance, and security.
- Synthesize business needs, gather requirements, design, install, troubleshoot, and support advanced technical solutions within our world-class infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers across different domains to ensure network builds and configurations meet uptime requirements, security standards, and business needs.
- Review and implement emerging technologies, ensuring strict adherence to standards, security requirements, and interoperability needs.
Solutions Support (40%)
- Facilitate the implementation of content and applications for customers and stores by providing support to our internal development, e-commerce, and web teams.
- Act as the highest level of support (Level 3) for troubleshooting networks, VPN, servers, and other network equipment.
- Deliver complex networking solutions, including highly secure and dynamic networks at an enterprise scale, leveraging best practice troubleshooting and engineering methodologies.
- Provide detailed Root Cause Analysis (RCA) documentation in case of system or process failures.
- Gather and present statistical data for regular executive reporting.
- Generate comprehensive documentation of infrastructure, network configurations, hardware, and platforms (Network, Server, Firewall, Load-Balancer, Cloud).
Mentorship and Consultation (10%)
- Provide mentorship, assistance, and support to all Infrastructure technical teams.
- Conduct regular technology and security reviews with Domino’s staff to identify growth opportunities or issues.
- Create and update template configurations to be replicated for production use.
- Act as an Infrastructure Technology Consultant for internal Infrastructure groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Networking, related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- In-depth understanding of networking technologies, design principles, and the practical application of routers, switches, virtualization, storage, storage networking, virtualization/zoning, and load-balancers.
- Proficient in gathering business requirements, designing technical solutions, and presenting proposed solutions to customers.
- Familiarity with network security solutions, including firewalls, VPNs, intrusion detection/prevention, and web application firewalls.
- Strong technical expertise in several of the following areas: Cisco Routing/Switching, Palo Alto Firewalls (or equivalent), Cisco Meraki, Azure Cloud.
- Excellent documentation skills and experience generating technical documents, diagrams, solutions specifications, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- UNIX or PowerShell scripting skills are desirable.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills with a proven ability to professionally engage in a corporate environment.
- Experience in standardizing and automating system builds, component installation, and system configuration.
- Skilled in software and hardware troubleshooting and system monitoring.
- Availability for up to 5% travel.
- Willingness to provide 24x7 remote (on-call) technical support as required.
- Ability to work monthly Maintenance Windows.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines