Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
This position is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with a small team and play an active role in driving sustainability projects for the company. The Environmental Sustainability Director will work daily with a cross functional team that includes Directors, communications, legal, supply chain and other areas of Domino’s and also work closely with suppliers, vendors and international Master Franchisees
This position will consult, advise and recommend on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) strategies and how to shape the company’s sustainability reporting journey. The Environmental Sustainability Director will help navigate evolving ESG frameworks as well as understand various ESG rating agency methodologies while being focused on improving the completeness, accuracy, and processes around their ESG data.
This position oversees a team focused on collecting and analyzing sustainability related data to assist in our annual stewardship reporting activities and leading initiatives to reduce Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions and generally improve ESG-related impacts.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Develop and Execute Strategies in the Realm of ESG
- Lead the development of partnering relationships with senior executives throughout the organization, building high levels of professional credibility and mutual trust, and ensuring that internal clients have access to high-quality advice and guidance to support in delivering business strategy and plans.
- Develop collaborative relationships with suppliers, vendors and international Master Franchisees to drive meaningful change in our carbon footprint
- Develop the Company’s climate roadmap and lead system-wide carbon reduction initiatives and sustainability projects focused on topics including, but not limited to: energy, water, waste, land use change, deforestation, and animal welfare..
- Develop sustainability program business cases geared toward gaining support from leadership and securing budget/funding.
- Lead sustainability program execution initially resourced mostly by cross-functional teams.
- Work with field/facility and corporate teams to pursue environmental sustainability objectives
- Develop and manage environmental KPI metrics and process improvement initiatives to drive environmental sustainability
- Help drive environmental innovations throughout the value chain
- Lead/responsible for routine sustainability disclosures to NGO’s (GRI, SASB, SBTi) etc. and support internal stewardship report (led by communications)
- Support in driving the education, communication and implementation of the ESG management system across the company
- Act as an Environmental Compliance (storm water, spill prevention, Tier II, etc) SME (Subject Matter Expert) for internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate the function's strategy and its relationship to the organization's mission, vision and values; clarify the actions needed to implement it within the area of responsibility
- Lead the development and implementation of strategy and/or framework for a significant area of responsibility, anticipating complex issues, challenges, and opportunities, and ensuring integration with wider corporate strategy.
- Identify and manage stakeholders up to top management level, finding out their needs/issues/concerns and reacting to these by leading and coordinating the development of stakeholder engagement plans to support the communication of business information and decisions
Provide Leadership and Support to the internal ESG Team
- Manage and report on the performance of the function / business area; set appropriate performance objectives for direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving these; take appropriate corrective action where necessary to ensure the achievement of annual business objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams within the company and collaborate with international Master Franchisees to drive change
- Identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs. Evaluate and motivate teams’ current capabilities, identify gaps, and prioritize developmental activities
- Define and continually evaluate a detailed organization structure that aligns with business initiatives, and corporate principles
- Support in the teams’ research of the latest environmental trends and provide evaluations and analysis on relevant policy or market changes
- Support in the teams’ analyzing of data to identify opportunities and targets for improvement
- 7+ years of full-time work experience in corporate environmental sustainability
- Experience leading a team is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Management, Environmental Policy, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field – Preferred Master’s Degree
- Expertise in the application of US & Canadian environmental regulations and broad understanding of international regulatory requirements
- Strong working knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and disclosures including but not limited to: SASB, GRI, TCFD and SBTi.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills
- Expertise and experience on the policies, methods and/or approaches for measuring and mitigating GHG emissions
- Environmental Compliance (stormwater, spill prevention, Tier II, etc.) experience is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to execute, prioritize and drive multiple priorities without losing focus or momentum
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Must be a Team Player and work well in cross functional teams
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Previous experience with compliance management tools (e.g. Intelex) preferred
- Passion for and experience in developing ESG strategies ESG process design, evaluation and/or management
- Excellent professional and academic track record
Candidate should live in the Ann Arbor, MI area and be willing to come onsite a few days a week.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.