Assistant Manager - Transportation Department
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 17,000 stores worldwide (6,300 in the U.S.) you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 17,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 22 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
Summary: Assist the D&S Team Leader with the supervision and coordination of delivery and service team members. Effectively and efficiently handle customer service complaints and concerns. Train new team members in job duties and periodically conduct route observations with drivers. Comfort level working in a diverse, fast paced environment.
The schedule will be Monday to Friday, afternoon shift.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(80%) Assist Delivery and Service Team Leader in leading the D&S Team
· Recruit and interview new team members
· Train, coach and counsel team members
· Handle all driver concerns in Team Leader’s absence
· Assist with annual performance appraisals
· Make recommendations to Team Leader for pay increases
· Attend and participate in annual Leadership & Development training sessions
· Assist with coordinating safety/team/quarterly meetings
· Coordinate local backhauls with yard driver and other resources
· Assist with building daily outbound packages including keys
· Act as a resource for all drivers questions
· Assist with all D&S generated reports
· Contribute to development of annual department budget preparation for the Director for review and approval
· Assist in weekly scheduling of driver routes and re-routing as necessary to ensure route coverage
· Assist TLs with daily routing, participate in routing analysis, and ensure maximize delivery efficiencies, and driver safety through proper load spreading in load creation
· Conduct route analysis and recommend saving opportunities to Team Leader
· Assist in monitoring mis-deliveries. Make recommendations to Team Leader on avoidance strategies
· Works with operations to establish program for fleet use and availability
· Assist in accident investigations
· Assist in answering Slice of Pie complaints
· Maintain positive customer relationships
· Assist customers/franchisees with service issues and drivers with store access
Perform other duties as assigned by leadership to support the efficient operations of the center
Maintain a safe and positive work environment in compliance with OHSA, company standards, and local, provincial and federal requirements
(20%) As needed, if qualified, drive company commercial vehicle for deliveries, training and coaching, or to leasing company for service/maintenance
· High School Diploma or GED, some college preferred
· 2-3 years of documented supervisory experience
· 2-3 years route scheduling experience
· Knowledge of Ministry of Transportation rules and regulations
· Working knowledge of Microsoft office software
· Results-oriented with strong organizational, decision making and people skills
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and, on occasion, perform heavy pushing/pulling of product and work in extreme temperatures, both indoor and outdoor
· Commercial (AZ) Driver’s License would be a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products, supplies, files up to 20 pounds.
Domino's is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a unified and inclusive environment. Our recruitment process is barrier-free, and we will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by Domino's regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Domino's is committed to an inclusive environment where our exceptional people are respected and celebrated for their time, talents, and energies while striving to make our company the best pizza delivery company in the world.