RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
(70%) Preparation of sales, use and property tax
- Prepare and file sales and use tax returns for all business units.
- Prepare use tax schedules and calculations for review by the Manager.
- Collect information and prepare business license returns and certain annual reports for domestic entities.
- Gather information for new business registrations.
- Gather and analyze support for VAT returns for outside vendor filing.
- Clear differences between tax amount on invoice and amount calculated by the accounts payable system.
- Coordinate with outside vendor to ensure property tax filings and payments are filed and paid timely.
(30%) Tax account analysis, reconciliations, audits, and other projects
- Prepare reconciliation schedules for foreign tax withholding receipts by country, using data collected in PeopleSoft, HFM, and various other points of information.
- Complete quarterly account reconciliations for sales and use tax accounts
- Identify and implement improvements to processes as needed.
- Assist the Manager with tax compliance research using CCH IntelliConnect/AnswerConnect.
- Assist the Manager in gathering audit information as needed.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
· 1-2 years tax experience preferred
· Must be detail oriented and able to learn new concepts quickly
· Knowledge of tax preparation software, PeopleSoft Financials and Hyperion helpful
· Experience with on-line tax research tools helpful
· Excellent organizational and communication skills
· Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.