Delivery & Service Team Leader
Domino’s started back in 1960 as a single-store location in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Over the years, we expanded to three stores, and thus came the three dots on our logo. The original plan was to keep adding dots for every store, and at over 18,000 stores worldwide you can probably figure out why that original plan didn’t work.
You might be thinking, “Wow, how does Domino’s get food to 18,000 stores?” Well, that’s where you come in. We have 23 food supply and dough manufacturing centers in the U.S., and seven more across Canada, Hawaii and Alaska. They provide fresh dough, equipment and supplies to franchise and company-owned Domino’s stores in the U.S. and Canada. In 2019 alone, these centers made 720,000 deliveries.
Want to get in on the fun? We’d love to have you.
The Delivery and Service Team Leader will manage the delivery and service department in our Woodbridge Supply Chain Center. This position will move to our brand new facility being built in Merrilville, IN as it plans to open in Q3 of 2022.
The Delivery and Service Team Leader will formulate and administer policies, programs and procedures for the delivery and service department, including schedules, rates, routes, backhauls, and assignment of drivers and vehicles. Build and maintain positive customer relationships, manage customer service complaints and concerns effectively. Maintain fleet in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards. Non-labor budget responsibility from $680,000 to $4,000,000, depending on size of facility.
The D&S Team Leader will also manage the center in the Directors absence. Must have a high comfort level working in a diverse, fast paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Manage the Delivery & Service Department
Lead the Team:
- Build a solid D&S team by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining quality team members
- Ensure all team members have the necessary tools to complete their jobs
- Conduct training, coaching, and feedback sessions, complete performance appraisals and make recommendations for pay increases
- Effectively resolve employee relations issues
- Develop Team Leader -Associate for Team Leader opportunity
- Develop plans, policies, and procedures for D&S department
- Attend and participate in Leadership & Development training sessions
- Oversee safety/team/quarterly meetings
- Provide ongoing training for visiting TL-D&S from level 2, 3 & 4 facilities
- Investigate and document all accidents/injuries to determine preventability
- Prepare annual D&S department budget for Director-Supply Chain Center review and approval
- Oversee and approve D&S department payroll
- Review cost statements to identify excessive expenses and make recommendations for cost containment
- Oversee invoices from leasing company, audit and approve
- Generate all D&S related reports, including backhauls and hubs and the weekly key indicator summary
Routing, Scheduling and DOT Compliance:
- Oversee driver schedules to ensure increased efficiency and lower costs
- Conduct continuous analysis of vehicle and driver assignments and analyze scheduling for possible consolidation
- Continuously analyze proposed schedules and rates, initiate preparation and distribution of proposed trip schedule changes and submit analyses of data and rescheduling recommendations to WRC Transportation team
- Conduct route analysis to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Conduct 3-4 route observations per month to ensure Drivers are performing as required
- Monitor mis-deliveries and develop avoidance strategies
- Monitor driver hours of service via onboard computerized system
- Oversee driver logs and paperwork
- Oversee random drug testing and compliance
- Oversee maintenance of driver qualification file
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships with franchisees, store managers and crew, leasing company, etc. Provide guidance to D&S team members on customer relations issues and act as a role model for building and maintaining positive relationships.
- Provide timely responses to Slice of Pie complaints
- May participate on the Transportation Advisory Board
- As needed, if qualified, drive company commercial vehicle for deliveries or to leasing company for service/maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in distribution, logistics, retail, and transportation.
- 5-10 years of Transportation experience with a proven track record in logistics
- Minimum 5-7 years supervisory experience with proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and team members
- Detailed understanding of financial statements, P&L, EBITDA, and resulting cost implications
- Thorough working knowledge of Department of Transportation rules and compliance regulations
- Results-oriented with strong organizational, decision making and people skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills
- Availability to travel, as needed
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation
- Commercial Drivers License would be a plus
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures
ONE BRAND, ONE SYSTEM, ONE TEAM
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.