Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
- Must be local to the Ann Arbor area
- Hybrid environment (Tuesday-Thursday in the office, Monday and Friday remote)
- Must be comfortable being on call
A transportation safety regional specialist will assess a number of safety metrics, review regular operational practices, and monitor safety systems to assure that the company complies with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations in the dedicated region.
This position will provide regional support, and will be the responsible party in the region for recording, reporting and escalating according to transportation safety metrics. They will spearhead data driven program improvement initiatives, training classes, lead workshops, and provide expert counsel on transportation safety issues. They will coordinate their responses with Risk and Legal departments as needed.
They will review internal and external measures of success (or failure), be able to competent to interact with FMCSR, DOT or CSA staff, programs and data as necessary for crash determinations, reviews, compliance scores, or audits.
- Provide periodic compliance checks for FMCSA compliance relating to the fleet’s equipment- Including, but not limited to: Files, Inspections, Markings, and Training.
- Provide corrective coaching and support for centers based on accidents, incidents, compliance lapses, LYTX reviews or ELD compliance. Assist with root cause analysis determinations, and help centers form clear corrective action plans. Follow up to assure completion and improvement.
- Coordinate with the relevant teams and/or carry out investigations for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) accidents and related workers comp injuries
- Monitor and ensure proper determination and reporting for transportation accidents and injuries (both internally and externally to regulatory agencies)
- Periodic verification for accuracy and follow-up of inspections performed by the logistics group to verify transportation associates are abiding by company procedures and policies. Examples include, but are not limited to: Pre/Post Trip Inspections, Yard Protocol, Drivers Alert (800 call in numbers), Electronic On-board Recorder notifications, CSA Violations
- Supports and instructs Safety Coordinators in both direct and train-the-trainer formats to ensure proper local competency on transportation safety methods, protocols, and assurance reviews.
- Perform periodic review of transportation compliance audits to review trends and areas for improvement.
- Lead weekly, monthly, daily safety meetings as required for business needs.
Provide regional support and guidance.
- Provide leadership and direction in proactive transportation safety related activities.
- Support leadership for all transportation safety related needs.
- Conduct regular meetings with site delivery & service coordinators to discuss current trends and transportation safety initiatives.
- Ensure consistency with company policy and expectations across the region of responsibility.
- Provide relevant regional data and lead/attend weekly regional Safety calls.
- Manage accident investigation, root cause analysis and identification of corrective actions for all sites in their region.
- Perform center and region reviews to identify transportation safety needs and provide supporting coaching and training.
- Associate Degree with minimum of 7 years related experience
- Extensive knowledge of FMCSA driver qualification standards and regulations
- Possess knowledge of DOT guidelines, OSHA compliance and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Excellent computer skills using internet based databases, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Xcel
- Excellent problem solving skills; excellent attention to detail and high degree of accuracy; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- DOT Compliance knowledge required Transportation department experience required
- Experience in accident reduction through education, guidance and influence with key stakeholders.
- Experience working in warehouse, distribution, or fulfillment center preferred.
- Experience with leading and supporting organizational culture change.
- Experience with multi-site, multi-state transportation safety responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate within and across departments.
- Ability to influence and partner with leadership.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to travel in the US and Canada on limited basis (40%).
- Ability to work nonstandard hours to support emergencies.
- Experience in using metrics and data to manage work
- Bachelor’s degree Logistics, Transportation, Supply Chain, or related field
- Board certification as a Safety Professional.
- Familiarity with Canadian federal provincial and territorial workplace health & safety requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.