Digital Experience Data Science Manager
Founded in 1960, Domino’s Pizza is the largest pizza company in the world, with a significant business in both delivery and carryout pizza. It ranks among the world’s top public restaurant brands with a global enterprise of more than 19,500 stores in over 90 markets. Domino’s had global retail sales of nearly $17.8 billion in 2021, with over $8.6 billion in the U.S. and over $9.1 billion internationally. In the third quarter of 2022, Domino’s had global retail sales of over $4.0 billion, with over $2.0 billion in the U.S. and nearly $2.0 billion internationally. Its system is comprised of independent franchise owners who accounted for 98% of Domino’s global stores as of the end of the third quarter of 2022. Emphasis on technology innovation helped Domino’s achieve more than half of all global retail sales in 2021 from digital channels. In the U.S., Domino’s generated more than 75% of U.S. retail sales in 2021 via digital channels and has developed several innovative ordering platforms, including those for Google Home, Facebook Messenger, Apple Watch, Amazon Echo, Twitter and more.
The Analytics & Insights team has been a key contributor to driving Domino’s industry-leading growth by pairing strategic thought leadership with the latest analytic techniques in the fields of data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and primary research. The A&I team leverages their skills to drive outstanding consumer and employee experiences to fuel future growth.
The Digital Experience Data Science Manager will lead a team of Data Scientists that are transforming our digital experiences from best-in-class to world-class. This Manager will leverage their industry expertise to lead a team focused on customer-level digital experience strategies, utilizing the extensive databases of Domino’s customer data including web logs, loyalty analytics, acquisition and retention, owned media strategy, and other projects requiring customer and visit-level actionability. In addition, this leader will be responsible for the vision, strategy, execution, and performance of key analytics initiatives related to Domino’s digital customer journey to drive incrementality through improved engagement and conversion.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Generate and Implement Continuous Process Improvements
- Provide thought leadership and drive a better understanding of best practices in digital marketing tool stack, web analytics, Relationship Management, digital content, and campaign management
- Identify and develop new techniques to utilize Domino’s customer database to support marketing functions
- Partner with marketing and IT teams to implement developed processes into Domino’s workstreams
- Drive the transition to a more performance-oriented and test/learn-focused organization; develop a vision and craft a compelling business case for additional evolution: e.g., CRM integration, customer insights, dynamic ordering experiences, etc.
Collaborate with and Empower Marketing Digital Experience team
- Build strategies for amplifying concepts, insights, and implications related to strategic business outcomes
- Lead technology & strategy solution engagements across multi-functional workstreams including customer data platform, data onboarding and activation, and analytics planning and execution
- Drive requirements definitions and provide guidance on tagging structures and strategies ensuring appropriate and accurate tracking and measurement
- Collaborate on new DX tests, establishing key questions to analyze and clear KPIs
- Design and setup tests to measure new DX testing tactics and campaigns
- Create persuasive and actionable findings to inform and influence Marketing partners plus the Leadership Team
Managing People & Projects
- Act as a change agent with experience in leading teams from vision to driving business results
- Manage team members by defining the roadmap, establishing priorities, guiding the understanding of business questions and the digital experience eco-system, and focusing on career development
- Closely collaborate with business partners to develop and rollout recommendations and tools
- Partner with internal and external business stakeholders to establish deliverables and timelines. Ensure team is accountable to commitments, including timing and accuracy of insights and other deliverables.
- Manage cross team efforts preparing for strategic meetings. Both project management and presentation authoring & review.
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, strong leadership experience, formal management preferred
- Deep experience within a digital analytics role including A/B, multivariate testing, and personalization tools
- Strong experience solving business problems with data science, emphasis on business outcomes
- Applied experience with statistical computer languages (SQL, R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, probability, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc.) and experience with applications
- Expert knowledge of creating engaging and compelling stories and presentations from data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Advanced project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Position is a hybrid work environment with office days being Tues-Thurs
- Office location is 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Dr. Ann Arbor, MI 48105. Local candidates are preferred.
- Remote work is not available
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.