Domino’s, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, re-energized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and over 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Reposition company commercial tractors and trailers on designated non-highway areas [the yard] to include backing trailers to dock doors. May be required to shuttle tractor/trailer to and from logistic/lease companies.
Pay rate: $30.30/hr
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Moving and Operation of Tractor/Trailer
- Walk the yard to identify and document [in the DVCR booklet] vehicle defects. Communicate maintenance needs to D&S Team Leaders [Daily]
- Obtain tractor/trailer list from D&S, record odometer, hub readings, and engine hours from equipment, and send to lease company [Weekly]
- Ensure trailers loaded with refrigerated products, i.e., cheese, chicken, etc., are at adequate temperature
- Ensure Warehouse Team Members have trailers to unload and/or load
- Assist with the unloading of trailers when necessary
- Reposition tractor/trailers on the yard to and from docks
- Comply with Domino’s Chock, Safety Cone, and Dock Signal Light policy
- Shuttle tractor/trailers to and from the logistic supplier
- Take trailers to be washed and cleaned
- Assist with backhauls
- May be assigned to assist Drivers on a designated route(s) to unload products to Domino's stores
- Listen to and timely assist management and Drivers
- Required to always wear and follow Domino’s uniform standards
- Attend scheduled safety, team meetings, and training sessions
- Follow all local, state, federal, and Domino's safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Attend classroom instruction facilitated by the Delivery and Service Team Leader, which covers Domino’s Chock, Safety Cone and Dock Signal Light Policy, Accident Procedure Policy, and any other pertinent policy and/or instruction information.
Complete Necessary Paperwork
- Maintain DVIR booklets
- Comply with DOT log regulations
- Accountable for the vehicle and product
- Clock in and out in timekeeping and People Net system
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Six months of verifiable CMV driving experience, one year preferred
- Proof of 25,000 verifiable miles of CMV driving experience preferred
- Must have a valid class A Commercial Driver’s License [CDL] w Air Brakes
- Must maintain a DOT Med Cert
- Must always meet the defined MVR standards to remain qualified to drive company commercial motor vehicle
- Must successfully pass a background check every third year on your anniversary date
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including but not limited to nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as a short notice on occasion
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time, climb stairs, and lift to 50 lbs. frequently and 100 lbs. on occasion, perform heavy pushing/pulling of product, work in refrigerated conditions [33-38 degrees], outdoor weather [rain, sleet, heat, snow, etc.], and work in environment with exposure to loud machinery, when necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.