IT Product Owner – Hiring Systems
Domino’s Pizza, which began in 1960 as a single store location in Ypsilanti, MI, has had a lot to celebrate lately: we’re a reshaped, reenergized brand of honesty, transparency and accountability – not to mention, great food! In the rise to becoming a true technology leader, the brand is now consistently one of the top five companies in online transactions and 65% of our sales in the U.S. are taken through digital channels. The brand continues to ‘deliver the dream’ to local business owners, 90% of which started as delivery drivers and pizza makers in our stores. That’s just the tip of the iceberg…or as we might say, one “slice” of the pie! If this sounds like a brand you’d like to be a part of, consider joining our team!
Position SummaryThe IT Product Owner will be responsible for partnering with business leaders to gather information to solve business problems with appropriate technology solutions. The IT Product Owner will work directly with business leaders to gather requirements, analyze risk, and consider scale and scope when solving business problems. In addition to strong business sense and focus, the candidate will have strong technical skills and know or be able to learn the primary tools used for Hiring/Recruitment Technologies (Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, Content management, etc) for the enterprise.
The IT Product Owner collaborates with the Business Product Owner to understand (in business terms) the issue(s) being faced and work with the appropriate technical teams to build / propose solutions to meet business requirements. Building relationships to push IT value upstream and building strategic direction will be key.
S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while continually looking for and recommending improvements to the business process / system
- Identify, understand, negotiate, and document business requirements with various groups.
- Facilitate the IT solutions planning and estimating phases.
- Manage the delivery of business cases, project scope and requirements documents, test plans, and rollout communications.
- Act as primary liaison with business functions and solution management during the development lifecycle, from needs analysis and bug tracking to UAT and rollout.
- Develop and manage direct relationships with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure the business solutions are aligned with their goals and priorities, and how process automation through IT solutions will help them reach their goals.
- Drive the prioritization process by which decisions are made around the final project scope.
- Execute on project plans and assist others in executing on project plans across the various groups.
- Make scope/schedule/resources (including budget) trade-off decisions.
- Ensure line of business priorities and IT capabilities (technology and resources) are aligned.
- Analyze and document requirements and use appropriate techniques to refine, review and validate requirements.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of how the overall business solution is positioned, deployed, and supported.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Balance multiple demands, address shifting priorities, and champion change
- Consider long- and short-term consequences of decisions
- Influence without authority
- Understand customer needs and manage expectations
- Manages complexity
- Business insight
- Ensures accountability in self and othe
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (IT business/computer science, Human Resources) or equivalent experience (2+ years in product owner role)
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Previous Applicant Tracking, Employee Onboarding or Talent Management Technology experience
- Experience developing project plans and leading projects
- Proven analytical / data driven analysis skills
- Sense of ownership and accountability